jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

One Easy Tip for Getting Better at this Hubbing Thing

1. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 16 months ago

One thing I've noticed over the years is how there are a great many really good writers on HubPages who shoot themselves in the foot because they don't understand the nuts-and-bolts of creating successful online content. That's too bad, not only because they're missing an opportunity, but because the community as a whole loses out when good writers get frustrated and leave.

Some writers just don't care how the internet works, and that's fine I guess. But I think many writers are simply overwhelmed, and they see anything to do with SEO as something to be avoided.

In any event, there is one quick and easy thing you can do each week that might help you better understand it all.

Over on moz.com Rand Fishkin does a weekly video post called Whiteboard Friday. It's under the blog section, and each week there is a different topic about how to improve your webpages and websites. The topics aren't always directly related to what we do here at HP, but it will help you better understand how the web works. This week's video is a very interesting piece about keyword research.

I try to watch it every week. It's ten minutes out of my life well spent.

1. GiftsByDiana profile image47
      GiftsByDianaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thank you !
      Not sure if I will remember when I next have a few free minutes though, but I'll try   smile

1. Alastar Packer profile image83
        Alastar Packerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Good and appreciated info, Eric. The only thing that bothers me is that once the gold rush is over...well, not much gold left. Do you think White Board Fridays could become oversaturated?

2. Ilonagarden profile image84
      Ilonagardenposted 15 months ago in reply to this

looks like a very helpful resource. a little above me, but hopefully I can apply it to my writing. I have the hardest time understanding keywords and seo.

2. SusanDeppner profile image84
    SusanDeppnerposted 16 months ago

Thanks for the heads up on White Board Fridays, Eric. I just watched today's episode. I agree, 10 minutes definitely well spent!

3. RonElFran profile image97
    RonElFranposted 16 months ago

Thanks for sharing about White Board Fridays. I took a look today. Just the info that the Google keyword search tool "hides" info by suppressing search terms it thinks you won't be interested in bidding for is helpful to know.

1. Suzanne Day profile image98
      Suzanne Dayposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Can you post the url on this one? It's such a broad section under the SEO and hard to find where you located this info. Would love to read it!

4. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 16 months ago

Thanks I'm going to check it out.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 16 months ago in reply to this

Just watched the video, very helpful.

5. 0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 15 months ago

I loved the video! I think that the speaker had very good ideas!

6. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 15 months ago

I have to watch the video, thanks for the heads up.

7. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 15 months ago

Sounds interesting for newbies as well as oldies. I going to have a look - Thanks for sharing smile