jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Thanks, HP

1. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 19 months ago

It is nice to see updates to our stats, despite it being a weekend. So I figure it is appropriate to say thanks to HP.

I'm not sure how often we'll see multiple updates in a weekend in the future ... but I'm offering encouragement to keep up the good work. smile

Thanks, HP.

1. Faith Reaper profile image86
      Faith Reaperposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Wonderful idea and sweet gesture. Good job HP and thank you so much!

LongTimeMotherposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi Faith. Thanks for joining in.

If I complain when I spot things not working properly (as I do), it only seems fair to comment when I spot something that provides a pleasant surprise. This weekend has been full of surprises. lol. Multiple stats updates.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 19 months ago in reply to this

+1  I agree.  Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

2. 60
    petronisposted 19 months ago

I just joined hub pages and this is my first reply and hope to(someday) be a contributing member.
    Do you have any suggestions?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94

You're already a contributing member just by commenting in the forums.  Now write some great articles and make your voice heard.  Welcome!

3. justholidays profile image80
    justholidaysposted 19 months ago

Er... Where did you see updated stats? Mine show the same numbers as yesterday, the day before...

Unless there's some kind of irony in the original post?

Or my account doesn't work any more hmm

ETA: OK updated 11 hours ago. Yet numbers are exactly the same as yesterday last time I checked. Strange, very strange. Did you say strange? How strange is that hmm

4. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 19 months ago

yes, I agree it is good to see the stats fixed. Let's hop it continues. Raising the errors and delays was worthwhile.

Now the Earnings are full of "pending", 5 days behind for Adsense and Amazon (back to last Tuesday).

1. janderson99 profile image85
      janderson99posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Spoke too soon. Stats update is showing HALF the correct values. Very annoying NO FIX yet!!!!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94

How do you know that?  Are you comparing HP stats with Google Analytics?  If so, I do that, too, and mine seem OK.  What am I missing?

2. paradigm search profile image81
        paradigm searchposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Yep, you are right. Stats showing half for me, too. The adventure continues... lol

1. Solaras profile image89
          Solarasposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Mine are currently close to 1/3 of normal weekend views.  So ugly to look at...

1. lobobrandon profile image81
            lobobrandonposted 19 months ago in reply to this

1/3rd here too lol

5. Virginia Allain profile image68
    Virginia Allainposted 19 months ago

I would think that the stat function is automated. I can't imagine that an actual person goes each day to push a button to make the visitor count update. Maybe they do, but seems like it should be automatic (and on weekends too).

6. paradigm search profile image81
    paradigm searchposted 19 months ago

Meanwhile, GA once again is saying my traffic for this Saturday is higher than my traffic for the previous Saturday. In other words, my traffic has been going up instead of down as June progresses. And when earnings updated, I saw a little CPM increase there as well. I'm really starting to perk up about all this.

7. LongTimeMother profile image97

ROFL. I'm glad I didn't miss my small window of opportunity to be positive.

Time to complain again ... smile

LongTimeMotherposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Interesting ... the stats showing on my accounts page (updated 5 hours ago) match the 'total views' for the past 24 hours showing on individual hubs ... but one showing 43 total views has about 1500 views in 'top traffic sources' for the past 24 hours. Another showing 11 views has about 130 traffic sources ... and another showing a total of 12 has nearly 700.

Can't be bothered looking further. I think it is safe to say the stats are wrong again. lol.

8. LongTimeMother profile image97

Thanks for the most recent update that seems to be correct. And thanks for reflecting real stats in our earnings. smile

9. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 19 months ago

I would have thought that an announcement from HP staff was warranted, given the 5-6 threads on the topic, but nothing! Disappointing.

PS Update has now been announced ! Thanks

working