Absolutely ridiculous... been over a week now ...

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. AndrewHil93 profile image39
    AndrewHil93posted 8 years ago

So, over a week ago, I submitted a hub to be published and low and behold, it still hasn't been viewed by an administrator.

This is the hubstat:
        The Dad At Home, The Mum On The Run With Their Son; The Hypocrisy In Family Law Wars
        ?    0    9    26    26    26    -    06/13/15   

This is the message above it:
    This Hub has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator.

Frankly, the administrator needs to be fired. The advice the hubpages team gave me was this email:
    Hi Andrew,

We state in the FAQ that the QAP and moderated Hubs are usually evaluated within 24 hours.
    This can take longer in periods of high Hub production or over weekend, holidays, etc.

For that reason, I would not count on your Hub being reviewed within 24 hours.
    The best advice would be if you have imposed some sort of time limit on yourself for publication that you give yourself a few days of wiggle room.

>>On top of this, the hub stats aren't refreshing within the usual 8 hours, in fact, we are often waiting for an update to the stats every 2 to 3 days.
    The stats on HubPages are not real time. Comments are tracked in real time, but the others tats are updated on a periodic basis and there are often delays.

We suggest using Google Analytics if you would like more granular and closer to real-time stats.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sett … -analytics

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Matt @ Team HubPages

---
    So, what can we gather from this?
    That hubpages don't really give a damn, apparently.

Maybe I'll make this into a hub for the administrator to read...

I have replied to this email 4 times, with no response. I've also sent two more messages in through the help section of the site... and they're trying to tell me I have to wait... maybe if they invested some of our commission they take from adsense, Amazon and eBay into some better web designers, we wouldn't have these issues.

Maybe I shouldn't be asking the Forum community for help when it's Hubpages who are the only ones who can resolve this... but Hubpages refuse to pull their finger out and do something about it...

It's absolutely ridiculous, I'm losing revenue, readers and my hubscore has dropped simply because  Hubpages just doesn't have a clue what it is doing.

I mean, I can read an article... in less than a week, and tell you whether it is against the rules or not... far less than a week.

And I understand, many hubs may be going through QAP but if it's taking a week to get one hub published, maybe they should think of hiring more staff?

Maybe they shouldn't run a business if they can't handle the pressure of the rising productivity of it's users if this is what caused the delay?

Maybe HubPages needs a reality check. I mean, you don't see tabloids like The Sun printing papers saying "This story continues in 7 days"... You don't see YouTube having it's users wait a week before their videos are uploaded. You don't see reporters waiting a week to pass before heading out to the major events they need to cover... So why does Hubpages think it is acceptable to keep it's users and readers waiting weeks for content?

If I go and publish this elsewhere online, it won't pass QAP because it wouldn't be original anymore. It is RIDICULOUS. There is no freedom, no control, no permissions, no ownership, no nothing regarding our own content.

1. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why start another thread about the same topic as this other one posted 43 hours ago: "6 Days and my hub still hasn't been published" http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/131150 (?)

Added: Writer Fox explained to you here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/131150#post2742192 that your hub is NOT published because it has an ? on it in stats.

If we keep editing a hub before it passes QAP it then will take that much longer for it to go through QAP. Are you editing that hub before it passes?

Also: If you do not see this symbol (pending) in stats for that hub it has not been published by you yet, or there is a glitch.
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12471885.jpg

1. AndrewHil93 profile image39
        AndrewHil93posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I've emailed them about it and not had a sufficient reply. Hopefully a member of staff will see the despair on the forum and fix it. I find it makes me feel better too.
        I understand the threads are repetitive but I'm not getting adequate responses. It never shows the pending symbol until it's been reviewed by admin. in my experience... unless that's a glitch with my account from day one.

I've submitted another hub, if this one gets published before the other then... well, who knows.

1. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Does the other hub you submitted have the pending symbol?
          It should show that in stats after you hit Publish.

After a hub is reviewed and is live, it will have an H in a black circle under "Featured".

2. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

You are totally free to take your content and publish it somewhere else.  You own your content, not HubPages.  If you delete it from here, no one can penalize you for duplicate content.  I'm sorry you found the email you received to be inadequate, I felt it was explained to you rather well, both there and in several places on the forums.  Patience is a virtue.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

If you have submitted it for QAP it should show the pending symbol.  The delay may be because it is not even in the queue.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)