jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: VikisFinds One Of A Kind Dolls

1. Charlino99 profile image86
    Charlino99posted 16 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub VikisFinds One Of A Kind Dolls. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. sockii profile image87
      sockiiposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Clearly over-promotional ... seems to serve no real purpose other than promoting a particular group of collectors with a huge amount of links out for the content that is there.

Did you get permission from the people whose photos you included? Just a link back to the source is not enough if the images are copyright protected.

Charlino99posted 16 months ago in reply to this

Yes, to your question about promotional photos with the artists consent. Actually,  the page was specifically designed with the purpose of promoting members of the group due to the changes that were going on with eBay at the time.   The page was originally designed on Squidoo, and at the time this page was composed,  the eBay module (capsule) was in beta mode.  The way the module was programmed, one could link directly to the artist's sales on ebay, search term, or topic.  When all was transferred over to Hubpages, their format did not fit the original page as it was built. 

Overly promotional?  It was designed to be.   I have spent the last ten years of my life finding ways to help promote my fellow artists by providing links to their web sites, blogs, and sales pages whenever possible.  I do not get paid for placing any of the links to the artists  promoted on this page or any other.  Typically, artists are so busy creating things they seldom get the time to analyze markets, build web pages, or promote themselves.  None (zero) of the links to my fellow artists are pay per clicks or links that lead to nowhere.  I have no affiliation with ppcs other than what HubPages puts on the page.

Thank you for taking the time to view my page and respond.  Your perspective is sincerely appreciated.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 16 months ago

Charlino99, purely promotional content is not allowed on HubPages.  It's not a matter of perspective, it's the content rules. 

This is why HubPages had a grace period for four months so Squidoo users who were merged could fix content that didn't comply with this site's policies before running all the imported content through the QAP.

Charlino99posted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Relache for pointing this out.  I have read so much over the past year of what is good and what is not and what is good one day, and the next it is not - it is like being in a bizarro world.  Believe it or not, the VikisFinds page was the first online web page I ever built, and I did it back in 2007 on Squidoo.  It was successful in its mission, and has been stripped dry of all the elements that pretty much made it successful for the artists.  It still gets plenty of traffic.  Even though it is in the full moon zone as far as hub ratings go, hp is still rewarded for the advertising placed on it.  Thank you again for your feedback and post.  From this point on, anything that does not conform to the hub agenda will be moved to another port.