jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Splitting already created long hub into a series of shorter hubs

1. Enigmamity profile image83
    Enigmamityposted 16 months ago

Friends, I need your help on this hub :
    http://enigmamity.hubpages.com/hub/21-Q … ou-in-Life

What I found out was that the hub is pretty long and tedious to go through at one stretch. So I wish to split into three smaller hubs (each having 7 qualities from the total 21). But how do I do it? I mean can I simply copy paste the same title in every hub and place a part one, part two in the title (e.g. Hub name-1,Hub name-2...)? And can the summary be the same for all the hubs?

Do you suggest splitting the hub or should I keep it as it is?

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I don't think you can do this without unpublishing the hub as the content would be seen as duplicate content.

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Sharing is a year or so back I wrote a couple of e-books using HP format. I met success within the community and with my local market specifically to associates within a business community. That shares there was a fan base. However it was short lived.

I deleted maybe too early and possibly the wrong reasons. I dun'no . . .  Also, I have written more than a few hubs near 4,000 words with the same success. Again, I deleted maybe too early for them to receive good Google exposure (Less than a year) and going through the ranking process.

What I learned is firstly using Part 1 and etc does several things;
      1. Means to the reader it is incomplete
      2. Means to the reader it will be comprehensive

Overall Content is King as is stressed here at HP and shared at various SEO and Content websites. However, Reader Engagement Rules 'Supreme'. Without reader engagement there will not be time on the article(s), which may mean the message is lost along with interest. For my research I used Google Analytics to discover how much reader engagement occurs - time on article, bounce rate, where read, and etc.

That leads toward a Part 1 of 3 or etc in the title. Consideration of type of reader such as reading for information only, what is the message & maintaining that, and offering the enticement for the reader to continue with the next article or Part ?? is at task. I seem to remember reading at HP's Blog or somewhere they do not recommend it. Reading blogs I don't really see any distinction with Part 1 and etc. I see connections with relevancy and linking.

They recommend using relevant titles while a suggestion is linking between articles creating a series. Each article should stand on its own. Using the grouping feature at the account page to tie them together seems to offer an advantage too.

How to break up the already published hub I am not sure. I do not know how long an article would not be seen by the internet any longer. I dun'no . . . maybe HP has that answer???

2. Enigmamity profile image83

Thank you Sallybea but are series of hubs allowed?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Enigmamity,

Our recent Newsletter may be helpful in deciding when to split up a Hub and when to leave at as a single article. As sallybea mentions, you'll need to unpublish your original Hub first if you decide to split it up and publish it as a series. Hope that helps! smile

3. Enigmamity profile image83

Great advice Christy. Thanks for the link! I would rather make some changes than splitting the hub.
    Thank you Tsmog.