jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Starting a Second Hubpages Account - Two Question, Any Advice?

1. Asa2141 profile image85
    Asa2141posted 2 years ago

So, I'm starting a second Hubpages account because I really don't want to mix my 'serious' Hubs (religion/philosophy) with my 'how to fishing' Hubs that I want to start.

So I have two questions:

(1) Can I link my Google adsense account with two Hub accounts?

(2) Has anyone who has ever done this had any problems? Any nuggets of wisdom you would like to impart?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes.
      No - I had no problems at all, except that I've let the second one languish.

Asa2141posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Wilderness. I've seen your helpful comments all over Hubpages.

2. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

As wilderness has already said, you can hook up your Adsense to any account you have here.

I also have had no problems on my other accounts. Most of them perform better than my main account, but I put material on them after I'd learned more about writing for the Web. The only one that doesn't perform well is one that I'm not trying to make perform well; I just use that one to say what I want to say. Last I checked, most of the Hubs on that one were unfeatured, so I'm probably going to move those articles elsewhere..

It's pretty much up to you what to do with other accounts; keep them on one subject or use them for SEO optimized articles, etc. One of the things I like about this site is that you have the freedom to have multiple accounts and do what you want (basically) with them.

Thank you NateB11.

Yea, I've learned a lot about writing for the internet since I started. It's way different than free-lancing.

I like having the freedom to move articles around and have total rights. If my 'how to fishing' articles do well, I think I might start a separate website and move all of my articles to it. A lot of people complain about Hubpages but I think it's cool.

1. NateB11 profile image93
          NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I still love HP. But I do have my own sites too. It's good, as they say, to diversify.

2. skear profile image89
    skearposted 2 years ago

I started two accounts for content segregation purposes a while back.  No issues with using the Adsense code on multiple accounts.

One thing to consider is that each account must reach the $50 earnings payout threshold for HubPages on their own.  So if you have an account using the HP earnings program that doesn't earn much it can take a long time to get paid.

Not really a concern if you don't use HP earnings though.

Thanks Skear for letting me know about the $50 thing.

Yea, I don't really care about the money for my 'serious' account, but I hope to make money from my fishing articles.

3. Austinstar profile image81
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

Why not group your hubs - same account, just use the group feature.

Thanks Austinstar!

I did not know you could do that until now. The main thing I was worried about was having  "Why I Believe God Exists" Hub with a "How to Rig Chicken Liver For Catfishing" Hub right beside it. I did not want that.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you.  Those topics are sooo different, that I think you might lose credibility by putting all of them on one site.

I started a second site at the end of December, but it is not doing well.  I can't seem to come up with topics that work for me.  All are featured, but views are poor.  Also, it's a bit of work to run a second site.  However, like you, I did not want to join my random articles with my main niche.  They originally were together, but I revamped the entire site.

Second site earns practically nothing right now.  I'm still experimenting.  Hoping to hit on a niche for it soon.

I wish there was a way to separate Hubs into different pages but with the same account. So in order for people to see my "religious" Hubs you have to go to one page, but to see my "how-to-fishing" Hubs it will take you to a different page - but still the same account.

I like your niche by the way. RV trips are a blast. I live in Boise, ID and there are soooooo many places to go RV ing in the mountains that surround us. I think 8 out of 10 people here have RVs.

1. Lorelei Cohen profile image80
            Lorelei Cohenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When we were transferred over from Squidoo many of us found ourselves with multiple accounts here at Hubpages. Largest issue is that you now have to wait for each account to reach the payout whereas if the articles were all on one profile you would be able to reach the $50.00 much faster.

Okay, thanks for the tip. So sometimes you don't reach $50.00 in a month? I thought most established Hubbers made several hundred dollars a month no problem.

working