jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

How the ...???

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 22 months ago

How am I supposed to get the word out about my contest, when all the forum threads (including the one about Hub Challenges) states, "Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promoting or posting links!

WTH?????  The contest opened on the 12th, and runs until the 26th, but the word is not getting out....

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Just post the link now and hope enough people see it before the mods snip snip it.

DzyMsLizzyposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Here is the link:

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Cont … g-Question

I also put a post in the challenges forum...  **biting nails**  wink

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The hub challenge forum has specific instructions as to what you are permitted to do there and what links you can post that would otherwise be not permitted.  e.g. start with a post outlining the challenge, place links that meet the challenge as replies. If any get deleted it would be by mistake.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 22 months ago

But you are not really promoting a link. You are letting people know about the contest... You can write a hub about the contest maybe...

I did write a hub about what the contest is; that's what I'm trying to promote.   wink

3. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 22 months ago

Is this a hub contest? If so post a link I'm sure it will be alright.

It's a contest/challenge I posted myself, in a brief hub.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 22 months ago

Thanks!  ;-)  I'm wondering also about our being "strongly discouraged" from using the "H" share button on our hubs....  that's another way to get the word out...  wink

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Just do it DzyMsLizzy! They just discourage you from doing it too often. Every now and then is fine. I have seen quite a few challenges posted in forums, even by HP staff, including links. *Everyone check out the contest, it is an interesting one.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I would use the share button. It's not forbidden to use it.

working