jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I need help with this one also.

1. James M Becher profile image58
    James M Becherposted 16 months ago

Now, can someone tell me what's wrong with my hub on purpose: http://jamesmbecher.hubpages.com/hub/purpose-101    I can't seem to get it featured either and I can't figure out why.  Maybe I'm blind.

1. bravewarrior profile image95
      bravewarriorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

James, for one, I'd not include works by others as they relate to your subject matter. Perhaps you could provide a link in a sidebar, although it's not necessary at all. Second, you don't need to add a subhead to a quote or photo that contains the name of the author; no intro is needed - it's self-explanatory once read. Adding subheads is redundant. Also, as I mentioned in your previous forum, watch keyword stuffing. Use synonyms rather than the same word repeatedly. Another thing I would suggest is to use bullet points when defining benefits, citing bible passages, etc., as opposed to separating the lists by commas. Bullets make for a cleaner read and look nicer than extremely long paragraphs that could and should be broken down into smaller segments.

The paragraph headed by Study Aids For Small Groups seems displaced from your topic. It's not until the reader reaches the title of the book (in the Amazon capsule) that there seems to be any correlation with the hub's topic.

Finally, you have far too many product capsules in the post.

I hope you find my suggestions helpful.

2. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 16 months ago

By my rough estimate, you have about 400 words in your Hub that appear elsewhere on the internet. I understand you are relaying poems as a teaching point, but they are still unoriginal text, and that alone is enough to cause problems with the HP filters.

But since your Hub is unfeatured and not unpublished, I'd guess your immediate problem lies more in your sales capsules. It seems to me that one Amazon capsule featuring Warren's book would be useful to your reader. Anything more is unnecessary. You talk about the book in the Hub (though I would alter several sentences where you are directly telling people to buy it) so it is relevant, but four eBay capsules seems excessive.

My 2 cents. Sometimes its hard to figure these things out these days. Good luck!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 16 months ago

You are not giving "appropriate credit" on the images--Flikr defines that as naming the actual creator in the credit line, not just linking to them on Flikr. The poem may also by under copyright.

Instructions to click or buy are also not permitted, you need to leave that implied. There are a few typos and spacing errors--e.g. vidro instead of video.