jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Videos not showing on iExplorer

1. James M Becher profile image57
    James M Becherposted 16 months ago

All of a sudden my videos aren't showing on Internet Explorer.   I checked on Firefox and they are showing but on Explorer you only see a big exclamation mark (!) .    I use Explorer because on Firefox I can't see my Amazon products.  Now on Explorer I can't see the videos.  What goes?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Sorry you are having problems with your browser.
      I tried viewing YouTube videos in your Hubs  (Johnny Cash Hub for example) in Internet Explorer 11 in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and had no issues doing so.

There may be an issue with your computer and/or browser.

You can try these general trouble shooting steps.
      1. Clear your browser cache
      2. Disable any ad blocking or other software that might interfere with web page content
      3. Check for any install any browser or OS updates.
      4. Reboot your computer.
      5. Reset any network hardware (cable modems, DSL devices, routers, switches, etc)
      6. Try another browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 16 months ago in reply to this
    3. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I quit using IE years ago - too many problems. Not only that, MS is discontinuing it and bringing in a new browser. Frankly, I prefer Google Chrome. I very seldom have problems as the result.

Nevertheless, here's what MS suggests you do when videos won't play:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte … k#ie=ie-11

4. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

@bravewarrior provided some great info.

Video capsules in Hubs (YouTube, etc.) can play via Adobe Flash.
      Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1 includes Flash support, but it looks like Windows 7 still uses a plugin.

"Are browser plug-ins supported in Internet Explorer 11?
      The immersive version of Internet Explorer 11 provides an add-on–free experience, so browser plugins won't load and dependent content won't be displayed. This doesn't apply to Internet Explorer for the desktop. For more information, see Browsing Without Plug-ins. However, Internet Explorer for the desktop and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) do support browser plugins, including ActiveX controls such as Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight."

So it looks like it may be a Flash plugin issue.
      It could also be that you need to enable the Adobe Flash plugin.

You can test your flash player here.
      The current version for Windows is

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 16 months ago

"What goes?" Both of them probably - Kick them both to the kerb - IE is a total pain with images etc. & FF are always having malware attached to it (not their fault of course but it's constantly targeted.  Try Chrome for a while , you can change back at any time..