jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Remembering your Dearest - A Tribute to My Spouse

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 16 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Remembering your Dearest - A Tribute to My Spouse. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    The hub was featured previously. But recently I got the unfeatured notification and thereafter made changes in the capsule sub-titles incorporating keywords. I closed a poll also as I thought it was not related to the subject and included another poll. And updated it yesterday. But it is still unfeatured. So, I want your guidances.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

First, I would like to say that I really enjoyed reading this tribute to your late wife.
      I found grammatical errors throughout the text, also spelling errors Sometimes you muddle your tenses.  Try copying and pasting the whole of  the text into a program such as Word or even the free Grammarly Program and do a review of your writing..   This may help you to get  through the Quality Assessment Process.  I hope this helps.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 16 months ago

I saw this tonight while feeling quite raw having attended a memorial service earlier in the day for a friend who died suddenly.

It is natural to want to share memories about some important to you. However, you need to remember that Hubpages is a brutal, money-driven commercial environment. This site is not interested in such tributes; it is only interested in material that will make it money from advertising. Anything else is judged as "poor quality" and censored out of existence.

I would guess that your hub has been censored for the crime of being "purely personal". Perhaps one way you could save it and bring it into featured status is to add to the content and change the title so as to shift the focus onto how you as a widower coped with your loss. Make the focus of the hub on being a source of helpful tips on how to cope with such a situation. Do some research on the keywords that will bring in the readers. Invite readers to share their stories in the comments section. Maybe then you can persuade the Mechanical Turk automatons that your hub is more than "purely personal" and deserves to live.

Obviously, take into account also the comments with respect to spelling and grammar made by Sallybea!

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Sallybea and Write Angled!
      I have checked all spelling grammar mistakes and corrected them. Then, I changed sub-titles and added a concluding paragraph on how to deal with the loss. Added one more video which is a good one explaining the feelings of the widowed man in simple slides. It acts as a tip also for those who look for help in such occasions to bear with the loss. So, I think, now at least my hub should be got featured.

3. Virginia Allain profile image63
    Virginia Allainposted 16 months ago

I hear what Write Angled is saying and think I can apply it to a couple of tribute hubs that are giving me problems with getting featured. One is a memory page to my younger sister and another is for a beloved brother-in-law.

Although HubPages outright rejects actual commercial pages (another issue of mine), I need to find the middle ground. Wearing, to say the least.