jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

NPAPI plug-in no longer supported by Google Chrome.

1. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 16 months ago

As I was reading a hub today, a notification come on at the top of the hub that "this site" uses NPAPI plug-in which is no longer supported by Chrome.

When I clicked on the "more info" link, this came up:  https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

Will HP be resolving this issue so we can continue to view videos posted in our hubs?

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
      Faith Reaperposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Sha,

I hope you get some answers here, as I always learn so much from the questions you pose and answers you give on questions.  Plus, reading some of your technology articles, are always helpful.  I am not techy-savvy at all. You may be the only one I follow who adds in technology articles with your creative writing and such, so that is why I learn so much from you : )

I hope you are enjoying a peaceful Sunday down in sunny Florida.

bravewarriorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Faith, that's sweet of you to say. This forum area is moderated by admin, so hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

This sounds like it may be related to a specific extension installed on your computer.
      It appears default support for these types of plugins ended earlier this year.
      http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-fi … npapi.html

The main plugin that HubPages uses (quiz capsules, YouTube videos, etc.) is Adobe Flash and there is a Flash player included with Chrome.

I just tested using the same version of Chrome and did not see any sort of notification or warning when I visited the site, viewed Hubs and videos.

Please try the following steps.
      Disable all extensions or plugins.

Update your OS (check Windows Update).
      Clear your browser cache.
      Restart your computer.
      Try another browser like Firefox, Opera, or Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, please share a screenshot of the error as well as a screenshot of the extensions you have installed as well as the specific Hub title and/or URL and we can look into it further.

Looks like you can also whitelist a site.

bravewarriorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thanx, Matthew. It only happened on one hub (I don't recall which one it was). I'll take your advice and let you know if the message appears again.