jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

put first paragraph of hubs in our blog

1. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 7 years ago

perhaps we need promote our hubs to our blog. I think a widget could not display all our hubpages. May i put short paragraph and then link to my hubs in my blog. is hubpages allowed it?

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't see why they wouldn't it is your own content.smile
      Click on need help and see what it says or e-mail Maddie, Paul or one of the gang and I am certain they would be happy to answer that question for you.smile

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Of course you can blog about and promote your own hubs.  I do this for myself and hubbers I know, but I simply include a link back to the hub and suggest checking it out.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

its your content do as you please...its best to avoid setting off the dupe content filters...but repsoting only one paragraph has never effected me

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Instead of simply reposting a paragraph from my hubs I like to think of fresh angles for discussing my hubs on blogs.  That way you are not copying anything at all.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That there is the best advice.

Something new and crisp and not obviously a copy and paste job by the same owner will go a long way in terms of SEO value.

5. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

The whole point is to bring them to this site, where Google and Amazon lie.  Give them a snipout of what your blog is about then ask them to check it out or share their thoughts. 

If you give everything in your blog, they will have no reason to read further.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This has been discussed before.  Maddie or Paul please correct if I've got it wrong, but more than 20% of a hub on a blog will set off the duplicate alerts. 

Just use the HP's Summary for your hub as a teaser on your blog, with a "Read the rest here" link and you'll be fine.

6. aniketgore profile image70
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

if we create a RSS feed of our hubs on blog. Will it trigger a duplicate content flag?

7. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

When you click the "Share it" button at the bottom of the hubs, you will find more buttons. One of them is "Blog this". That could come in handy. Though it works for blogger.com only. It would be great if Hubpage admn could make it work for more platforms.

If you are okay with just one paragraph, it is better to write 150-200 words as a sort of 'teaser' and post it on your blog, with a "read more" link leading to your hub.

8. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

Remember when you are linking back to the hub from your blog that you use the main keyword(s) of the article as the anchor link leading back to the hub.

9. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 7 years ago

thank you for all answerer