jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Indices (superscript text)

1. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

I pasted some text in my Equal Temperament hub that contained numbers with indices, rendered in the usual way, as superscript, but in the text capsule they dropped back in-line, so that, for example, (two to the power 1-over-twelve) appeared as 21/12. I got round it by using the in-line notation, 2^(1/12), but it's not ideal because not everyone is familiar with it.

Is there any way round this?

2. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

a screenshot of your original work in a picture capsule would do the trick.....jimmy

3. Paraglider profile image87

Hi Jimmy -
    It would, but on a 'normal' webpage you could use indices in the text. Picture capsules aren't spiderable (now, there's a lovely word!)

4. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

I tried lol good luck.....jimmy

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Have you tried pasting 'formatted' text?

6. Paraglider profile image87

Hi SunSeven -

I've not tried it for that type of formatting. I'll give it a go on an unpublished one to see if it works. Thanks!

7. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

To keep things as simple as possible, we disabled a lot of options in the text editor, including the  superscript and subscript buttons.  I'll take a look at enabling those again, but it may not happen right away.

8. Paraglider profile image87

Thanks Paul - It's not a major one, because superscripts are not used very often. I don't think they'd need to be available in the editor tools, but it would be nice if the cut & paste sanitiser would let them pass.

9. Paraglider profile image87

Just noticed we now have super/sub script. Great stuff - thanks!

working