jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Ad Pop Ups

1. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 22 months ago

Good morning Guys! I have just logged in and I saw a lot of ad pop ups including amazon in my HP articles, even in the comments. What happened? I don´t think it is from this site. It looks so spammy that I don´t like to continue reading. I checked my blogs and it´s the same. What shall I do? Please help me get rid of them. I´m not a techy person. Thanks in advance.

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hello Thelma. Did a change occur with your browser such as a new extension added to the ones you had? Do you get pop-ups on your PC without using the internet too? Was any new application downloaded?

Thelma Albertsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hi tsmog! No, I only got pop ups when I was using the internet. It seemed that what I clicked on my IE browser was a hidden ad. I only saw the X and it was disturbing so I clicked it to get rid of it. I only realized what happened after thinking for a few hours. Thankfully, it´s alright now as I used the computer of my hubby searching online how to get rid of pop ups ads. I am using my laptop again. Thanks for your comment. Have a great day.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 22 months ago

Pop-ups are most often malware on the person's home computer.

Thelma Albertsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the information relache. My laptop is okay again as I was able to get rid of the pop ups. Thanks to you tube videos DIY tutorial. Have a wonderful day!

working