jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 7 non-standard ways to celebrate the 4th of July

1. MobileRecharges profile image57
    MobileRechargesposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 7 non-standard ways to celebrate the 4th of July (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago

Your business sells mobile credit, and your suggestion #2 for celebrating the Fourth of July is for people to buy and send mobile credit to their parents. While you managed to work that in with fireworks, it is still too blatantly a sales pitch. I think for this to fly here at HP, you would need to name your account with a person's name rather than the name of your business, and just mention something about sending fireworks photos to family and friends but not suggest they purchase mobile credit from your company to do so.

Also, I wonder about all those lovely photos in your article. Many of them look professionally taken. Do you have permission from the artists to use them? Do they have Creative Commons licensing? If so, you need to cite them with that info so that HP knows you are not using them illegally. If you do not have a license to use them, you need to find photos you can legally use, and cite where they came from.

MobileRechargesposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi there!

I understand... Thank you a lot for the insights! Yet, I have found advertorials on HP, helpful to read, nice story angle, informative, balanced approach, realistic tone and entertaining too.

As for the photos, yes, they are all free to use. And I agree, if they hadn't been, the fair way to use them would be to cite the source, by all means.

Some of the images I've used have been purchased form shutterstock, but there are websites collecting author photos that allow public use without any constraints like:
      - Unspalsh.com
      -flickr.com - their public domain pool
      - freephotosbank.com/
      - freejpg.com.ar/
      - freerangestock.com

Also for photo editing I recommend a tool which is free for the moment, and has many many options: canva.com

Enjoy writing and thank you for taking the time to look over this hub!

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
        SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I'm happy to hear you're using photos which you have purchased or which are free to legally use. What you need to do now is cite the sources to prove to HP that they are free and/or purchased so that you can get your article approved for publication.

As far as the advertorial nature of your article, any advertorials you see on HP now were likely published several years ago when the publication standards were different. Newly submitted articles must adhere to current guidelines. I believe most business owners who start accounts here on HP and then write to promote their business are not successful at getting those articles published. You must be much more discreet, or consider starting a blog for your business where you are the one who controls the content. Then you can promote your business as blatantly as you like. HP is no longer the place for business owners to promote their companies, although it may have worked to some degree in the past.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 19 months ago

Your Hub seems like a page about trying to get biz for your non-US company while pretending to say something about the holiday for celebrating US independence.

MobileRechargesposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi, Thank you a lot for your honesty! smile Actually the business is American, and we operate mainly in the USA. That's why the topic was interesting for us...

Plus, we try to be transparent about all actions, and personal. HP was a place we wanted to fit in because it seems to embrace both aspects.

Thank you again for having a look over the hub!

4. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago

^^^ Yes, that, too.

working