jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Comment Editor and Deletion Not Working

1. liladybugz26 profile image85
    liladybugz26posted 21 months ago

Hello,

I have tried to edit and/or delete my comments on hubs for the past two days, and this feature will not allow me to do so. I have tried on two separate computers to no avail. I think this is likely an error that needs attention.

Best,
    Rachael

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi Rachael.

Sorry you are having problems with comments.

Are you talking about comments you posted to your Hubs or to the Hub of other authors?

Comments can be edited or removed on the Hubs of other authors for a very limited amount of time.

If you are asking about comments on one of your Hubs, please email the details (Hub URL and title, specific comment, what you are trying to do, what happens, what browsers and browser versions you are using, etc.) to team@hubpages.com and we can look into it further.

2. liladybugz26 profile image85

Hi Matthew,

It is the comments I have posted on other HUBs. After I click to edit or delete a comment I've posted the editor will come on, but will not allow me to edit. I also have not been able to delete my comments. I have attempted this on several occasions within the allotted edit time. Thank you for your help!

Rachael

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I just logged in as you using Chrome in Windows and was able to post a comment to a Hub, edit it several times, and delete it all within the allowed 5 minute period.

If you tried to edit or delete the post within 5 minutes of posting, then it sounds like there may be an issue with your browser or computer.

You can try these general trouble shooting steps.
      1. Clear your browser cache
      2. Check for any install any browser or OS updates.
      3. Reboot your computer.
      4. Reset any network hardware (cable modems, DSL devices, routers, switches, etc)
      5. Try another browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

Let us know if the issue persists after these steps.

3. liladybugz26 profile image85

Thank you Matthew,

I'm glad the problem is not system-wide. I have been having some minor problems with my wifi adapter. I had no idea it would cause this particular problem since I've had no issues editing on other pages. I will try all of your suggestions, and will switch my adapter out to see if that works.

I am very grateful that you tested this for me, and for your help as always.

All The Best,
    Rachael

working