jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

My hub has been unpublished | No changes were made.

1. TheZinc profile image80
    TheZincposted 15 months ago

Hi guys,

A few days ago I went to edit my only feature hub http://thezinc.hubpages.com/hub/The-Eas … ium-Guide. I didn't end up changing anything and when I saved changes the day after the featured hub had become unpublished and was red. I couldn't really figure out the issue but I tried a few different changes like adding source links for my images and checking the html code of the page, without any success.

My warning message is as followed:

"This Hub is unpublished because it did not receive high enough ratings to meet HubPages' quality standards or because it contains spammy elements. It will remain unpublished until it is edited, published again, and rated high enough to be Featured. To see our rating criteria, please visit our official rating scale (we recommend shooting for criteria matching Hubs rated eight or above)."

I don't get it since nothing was changed in the first place?

1. SouradipSinha profile image83
      SouradipSinhaposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Try to edit the Hub (change entire sections or move one section beneath another section) and publish it. Hope it will be okay..

2. SheilaMilne profile image89
      SheilaMilneposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Nothing may have changed in your hub, but the rules have changed.  As soon as you re-publish, the hub goes through the QAP and what may have been acceptable earlier no longer is.  Maybe it had too many Amazon capsules?  I don't know because I can't see it - comes up with a 404 message.

2. TheZinc profile image80

Thank you, I have reduced the number of amazon items down to three. It previously had a list of about 7-8 in a row and have also shifted the capsules around. Hopefully it will do the trick smile It makes sense though, the platform has evolved since and the requirements have changed.

1. Barack James profile image86
      Barack Jamesposted 15 months ago in reply to this

The same thing happened on my hub too. Funny enough, the hub in question has the highest score of all my hubs with impressive traffic.
      May be the staff responsive should be telling us what exact they need because I editted it but it still got unfeature because of "quality"

1. TheZinc profile image80
        TheZincposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I agree, the reasoning is very vague and causes a lot of wasted time.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 15 months ago

Saving a Hub, even if no actual changes are made to the content, will send that Hub back through the QAP process.

4. TheZinc profile image80

Okay so the article has finally been accepted and is now back onto the featured status.
    The three changes that I made were:
    - break up the amazon product list at the bottom of the page.
    - swaped the previous unsourced images with amazon items related to the image and capsule..
    - brought up the video capsule right to the top of the page and changed the video.

Here is the link to the hub:
    http://thezinc.hubpages.com/hub/The-Eas … rium-Guide