jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Hub challenges

1. KrystalD profile image87
    KrystalDposted 23 months ago

I remember Simone used to have a monthly challenge where she wrote a list of hub titles under one topic and people could choose one. This was nice because the titles were well researched and taught us about choosing a good title. Does this still happen? Can we revive this?

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Oh, I remember those.  I wrote one Hub using that feature, and it is still one of my best performing Hubs!   I like to see a return to that by someone on staff.

KrystalDposted 23 months ago in reply to this

My one hub from that challenge is my second most traffic producing Hub. That said, it was really helpful.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Hi Krystal,

I thought this was a fun feature too; we had to retire it because very few people were actually writing Hubs as part of the challenges. We feel like it's important to put our effort in where we can reach and benefit as many of our writers as possible, and sadly, the weekly topic challenges simply weren't doing that.

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
        Suzanne Dayposted 22 months ago in reply to this

If they were well researched keywords they could be of benefit as a guiding light to hubbers. Maybe a slower time period such as one per month might be of benefit? I'd join in something like this with a longer time frame so I could fit it into my busy life!

1. Pearldiver profile image87
          Pearldiverposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I agree with you stranger smile

It creates an Inspiration Point for everyone irrespective of whether they actually write 'on subject' OR review it to create similar hubs, knowing that they would likely piggyback on Simone's range of subjects. I think perhaps that more hubs were created on that basis and therefore would likely not have been seen by staff as having been sourced from those prompts.
          From a writer's perspective they also served as a motivation against 'writer's block' syndrome. But as it relies on research, it takes time to compile. The upside for HP - is that they provide a solid base for viable impressions - which of course, helps remunerate that time thing...

2. KrystalD profile image87
        KrystalDposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting us know. I am going to see if we can inspire each other with this idea in August. Thanks'

3. shewins profile image85
      shewinsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I miss them too, and my top performing hub was inspired by one of the weekly topics.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

This is an excellent idea to bring some energy back to the site.  It would also help us figure out how to craft good titles and give us good topics to write.

KrystalDposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I totally agree!! I hope someone from HP sees this. Simone was excellent at this.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 22 months ago

I miss the even older days of Hub Mobs. They were community-driven rather than run by staff and thus were fun and generated true group solidarity among participants.

The forums were far more fun in those far-off times as well...

4. KrystalD profile image87
    KrystalDposted 22 months ago

We could do a voluntary hub challenge where once a month, one of us would come up with a topic and 10 researched titles and people could have at it. What do you all think? We could switch off each month so no one becomes overwhelmed.

1. Barbara Kay profile image88
      Barbara Kayposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I was thinking the same thing.

working