jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can I use my original posts from my website?

1. carena profile image61
    carenaposted 15 months ago

I have a website/food blog and have written all posts on different recipes.  My question is can I use these posts that I have already written and published on my hubber account or do I need to rewrite completely new posts to publish on my hub account about my recipes?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 months ago in reply to this

HubPages wants original content, which isn't published anywhere else on the internet.  The duplicate filter will also pick up paraphrasing, so just rewriting may not be enough.

You can include a link to your website in each Hub, provided the topic of the website is relevant to the topic of the Hub.  However if you're looking for backlinks to boost your blog, bear in mind that Google counts only one or two links from one domain to another - so no matter how many Hubs you link to your blog, Google will give you credit for only one or two.

2. skear profile image92
    skearposted 15 months ago

You'll want to post new original content here to avoid a duplicate content penalty from Google.  Don't copy your blog content, or just rewrite it here.  If you were to copy the content one, or both sites would be penalized heavily by Google and potentially lose traffic.

3. carena profile image61
    carenaposted 15 months ago

Thank you soo much skear you really helped me. Just to clarify, are you saying I shouldn't rewrite it either?

Also, can I link my website to my hubs?
    Thank you for your help!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

As others have stated, all content on HubPages must be original.
      Depending upon how you "rewrite" it, the Hub could still be duplicate.

You can publish your original content on HubPages or another site, but not both at the same time.