jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Affliate Program

1. reggieTull profile image61
    reggieTullposted 7 years ago

Is Amazon like Google where it just takes someone clicking your links to create activity in your Amazon account or do they need to purchase the product?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

With Amazon, they'll show you the total clicks, but you don't earn anything unless a purchase is made, and the item is not returned later.

1. reggieTull profile image61
      reggieTullposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks so much, relache!  I half suspected that but needed confirmation - just a week into this hubbing and figuring as I go.  Thanks again

3. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

I have been with Hubpages for three months and is advertising on Amazon, ebay and Google Adsense for Content.  I have only been earning for the text in Google Adsense.  I have to verify the bank to get payments that Amazon claim they have in earnings. Is there any sucessful Hubber who is doing well with the ebay and amazon.  I understand the earnings for text with Google Adsense.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

My Amazon and eBay earnings from HubPages lag far, far behind my Adsense earnings. 

I used to include both Amazon and eBay capsules on all Hubs because I felt they added colour.  I don't do that so much now. Every reader has to make a choice of how to leave my Hub once they've read it - if I show a colourful Amazon ad, they might exit that way (and probably not buy anything), and I'd prefer them to exit by clicking on an Adsense ad.

Embitca has done well with eBay on her Hubs.  She achieves it by writing a Hub about a specific type of product, then featuring that product in the eBay capsule.  Take a look at a few of her (excellent) Hubs and you'll see what I mean. 

Actually, that's the only way to make sales with these capsules - the items featured must be very closely related to the Hub content, otherwise there's no point.