jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Finding my Hubpage articles in downloadable PDF?

1. Lorelei Cohen profile image83
    Lorelei Cohenposted 15 months ago

I am finding a lot of my Hubpage articles showing up in search under downloadable PDF files. I am of course not going to click on this thing and tried reporting one to Google but because my article did not show on the main page nothing resulted from that.

Anyone else have some ideas on how to report this crap and remove it? I am sure that I am not the only person on Hubpages having my content stolen by these characters.

I left spaces between the // and the .org so this link would not be live. Cinch it together if you want to view what the opening page looks like.

http:// manual29.lushpdf. org/c2v7e_pretty-things-easy-to-make-25-gift-ideas-for-giving-and-for-keeping.pdf

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

If a site has copied your content without your permission then a DMCA infringement notice may make sense.

The best course of action is to have the content removed from the hosting site.
      Here is the WHOIS info for that domain.
      https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?d … id=GoDaddy

If that doesn't work, then you can send a DMCA notice to Google as Ron suggested.

However, having Google remove the link from search results will not address the content on the published site, so try the host first.

I got forwarded to this domain when I tried to visit lushpdf [dot] org
      So they may be connected.

There is a section here with info about copyright infringement.

2. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 15 months ago

I have had dozens of these instances. At first, when I did a DMCA request to Google, I got the same result you did - they couldn't find the offending material. I then specifically explained the situation in my submission to Google, and some of the articles were deleted from search.

1. Lorelei Cohen profile image83
      Lorelei Cohenposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Ron I am going to try that. I keep coming up with this site when I am looking for plagiarism and do not like the idea of someone giving away or selling my work.