jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I have a special issue with adsense.

1. Jan Saints profile image76
    Jan Saintsposted 15 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I applied for adsense with my website. It was partially approved and used it on my hubpages account. It worked; all the settings are active and I earn a few cents every day.

Now the problem is that Google can't fully approve my adsense account. I've found that Google can't approve it using my site and I'm also planning to close down the site.  I thought Google could instead use my hubpages site to complete the application process. Is it possible this way?

I'm not earning from Google ads because of this issue. I think I need to cancel the adsense account and open a new one. What will happen to my HP ads earnings if I cancel the account? Anyone who had an issue of this kind? Can the HP team help?

Thank you.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

You cannot have multiple AdSense accounts, so be careful as far as AdSense policies compliance.

There isn't anything we can do related to the Google AdSense application itself as it is completely controlled by Google.

The only information we have is if an account has been approved or not.
      Right now, the AdSense information on this account is showing as approved.

The account indicates it has been earning since March of this year.
      Please email team@hubpages.com if you have any further questions.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 15 months ago

If you can earn from your account it is approved, surely? 

I have never heard of someone having an account that earned money that needed any further degree of approval.

Jan Saintsposted 15 months ago in reply to this

The real adsense account is not earning because it's partially approved. I can't earn from the Google ads, only from the HP ads. Google can't complete the application process with my site. So I want them to use my hubpages site to fully approve the account.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 months ago in reply to this

You say you are earning money on your website.  That means your Adsense account is approved, and it is working on HubPages.

It is only "partially approved" because there is one more step in the approval process.  Once your account gets to a certain threshold, they will send you a letter in the mail with a PIN number.  You must enter that PIN on your Adsense account to complete the approval process.  If you fail to enter the PIN within a reasonable time, they will freeze the account and it will stop earning.

However until you reach that threshold, your Adsense account IS working.

I think your problem is that you're expecting to earn from Adsense on HubPages.  It's very unlikely that you will earn from Adsense here, because there is only ONE Adsense ad on each Hub, and it's right at the bottom of the Hub where most readers won't see it.

You need Adsense here because it's a requirement for being in the HP Earnings Program, that's the main reason for having it.

Jan Saintsposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa, but I'm not earning on my website, only on my hubpages site.

And the step I'm talking about is the one of adding a code on my site. There seem to be issues preventing Google from executing this step. They have disapproved the approval process several times.

So I wanted Google to use my hubpages account to complete this step.

3. Abebaby24 profile image65
    Abebaby24posted 15 months ago

You can earn till yer blue in the face.. Only other verification I can think of is the Address one.  A code comes in the mail after you earn your first 10 bucks or so.  That takes 5 weeks or so to get.