jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

1. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image59
    Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 7 years ago

Please I will like to be introduced to an address that can help me set up amd deveop a website and maintain it.

Thanks for your assistance.

1. Orlando2Vegas.com profile image60
      Orlando2Vegas.composted 7 years ago in reply to this

do you want flash or html
      new templates or basic template???

1. Orlando2Vegas.com profile image60
        Orlando2Vegas.composted 7 years ago in reply to this

do it myself website for easy access to web and online shopping carts

2. 0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

I like to use Weebly.com since it is very simple to use.

3. rmshdc profile image61
    rmshdcposted 7 years ago

weebly.com is already taken.

there are some websites that help in selecting the domain names.  for example

or try searching google for "domain name suggestions"!

4. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image59
    Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 7 years ago

Thanks all!

5. aniketgore profile image70
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

You can also try godaddy.com or name.com  both are good.

1. nobama is better profile image61
      nobama is betterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

stay AWAY from godaddy:

^^ enough true to life horror stories to last you five lifetimes.  While they seem a viable choice.. when you get burned it will be badly... and you will get burned at some point.

ICANN rules require you to have current contact information in whois.  If you're using public whois you CAN used munged contact information like

which any intelligent sentient person can resolve into

if godaddy wants to take your domain they allege the automated spambots were unable to reach you at the published whois.  And right well they shouldn't: that was the point.  A REAL person could have contacted you.  Godaddy will snatch your domain.  If you're on the receiving end of slightly less fascism you will have the 'opportunity' to pay an excessive extortion fee to recover your domain.  lucky you?  no.

moniker.com is nodaddy.com forum recommended but doesn't provide hosting and have elusive tech support.  While they suck the least they too have inane policies.  The best is password expiration that requires you to call them.  They keep super fantastic phone hours that makes that one a real joy.

Use 'cheap' as your primary criteria?  You're going to get hosed.

godaddy (http://NOdaddy.com) web hosting is a joke.

Go ahead and try to use the space YOU'VE PAID FOR.  Go ahead.   If you interact with support EVER you're account is flagged for routine 'inspection'.  If no interaction you may well be flagged anyway.

You'll get a delightful "stop using your hosting" letter saying that you cannot store files on your account.  Godaddy hosts appears to have ZERO  understanding of apache, a webserver technology.  Files are stored and the software serves them up to requesting visitor's web browser.

Can't store files?

You ain't got not website.

1. kmackey32 profile image81
        kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hmm. im confused

1. anjalichugh profile image88
          anjalichughposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've been using Godaddy for the last two years consistently. Never faced a problem. They have 24/7 customer service open for you and their problem handling / troubleshooting is excellent. They even have template based websites which you can control and design on your own with a little support from Godaddy. I would highly recommend them to anyone. smile smile