jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

RESOLVED: Pinterest Pins blocked for redirecting

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 22 months ago

I noticed a pin to one of my hubs was blocked (likely due to redirecting since the other reasons don't seem to apply.)

The pin in question:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/20618110770864293/

Note it takes you to hubpages.com/hub/Castles-in-France which will redirect to my subdomain. However, Pinterest throws up a "don't visit this page, it could hurt you" type of warning.

Just wondering if there's something we could do. I'd change it so it's hubpages.com for some of my hubs, but I have other pins that are under melbel.hubpages.com that would likely throw up the warning then. Furthermore, I would be unable to track what's being pinned if I do so.

Thank you.

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hi Melbel,  We will look into this and see what we can do.  Ideally, pins that redirect should be fine as long as the company isn't doing anything nefarious.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi Melbel,  It took a little time, but HubPages should now be whitelisted so the redirect warning no longer appears.  Thanks for reporting this and glad the Pinterest folks cleared it up. - Paul

1. Barry Rolapp profile image60
        Barry Rolappposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Hello, I am having a similar issue for one of my domains (not a hubpages site) and I was wondering how you managed to get added to the white list, as I need to go through the same process.

Any help that you could provide I would greatly appreciate.

2. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 21 months ago

Thank you so much!

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 21 months ago

This seems to happen with Pinterest now and again.  Perhaps it's time for another blog post or reminder about what to do and not to do when it comes to promoting one's work.  Apparently the whole "spam" concept is not common sense for some folks and that is what has gotten hubpages in trouble with Pinterest before.  As someone who gets the bulk of my traffic from there, it would be devastating if a handful of spammers were to ruin that for the rest of us. 

Thanks for taking care of this so quickly Paul.

working