I'd like feedback on my Hub: Russian Bear 10000 Weight Gainer Review

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)
  1. aminebombom profile image72
    aminebombomposted 8 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Russian Bear 10000 Weight Gainer Review. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Fiction Teller profile image60
      Fiction Tellerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi aminebombom,

I think you should start by improving your English language skills. At HubPages, they're pretty strict about not allowing grammatical and punctuation errors.

The more you read and write in English, the more you'll be able to write like a native English speaker. I think with a lot of practice (both reading and writing), you can do it!

Here is an example that I hope will help you:

Your text:
      "Being a kind of skinny guy wasn't the look I ever wanted for me, but the one can change for the better, it’s not easy but it worth it."

This sentence is not grammatically correct, because it is a run-on sentence. To fix it, I think you should rewrite it.

How do you rewrite it?  Well, in your native language, I think you are able to write complex sentences with perfect grammar.  But it's tricky to try to write that way in a second language.  So I suggest that at first you keep your sentences simple and short. It will be much easier for you to see any errors.

How does this sound as a rewrite of your text?

"I used to be skinny.  I wanted to change that. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it."

It may sound to you like a child wrote that, but to be honest, that is how a lot of good writing sounds, because it is clear and easy to understand.

Now let's try fixing this part:

Your text:
      "Before I came across Russian Bear 10000 weight gainer, I was weighing around 150 lbs, and my height is 6.1 feet tall, because I was taller than average the first impression people get about me is “he’s skinny” so I was excited to put some size on, and clothes can fit me like never before."

Cutting that up into simple sentences, we can get:

"I weighed around 150 lbs and I was 6.1 feet tall. I was taller than average.  People thought I was skinny. Then I came across the Russian Bear 10000 weight gainer. I put weight on. Now clothes fit me like never before."

No, it's not perfect, but the short sentences make it easier for your reader to understand what you are saying.

Also, with simple sentences, it might be easier for you, yourself, to see if you're missing any small, important words like "an" and "the" and "a" and "is."

I hope these examples help.  Best of luck!

aminebombomposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great tips from a great man, I salute you for taking time to read my hub, you are right having English as my 3rd language isn't helping much, but I try my best.
        Thanks again

2. aminebombom profile image72

Fiction teller I made those changes you told me and added some others to down content the scale is now 72 rather than 71, so they acknowledged the change, still it's not featured, if you have time could you enlighten me.
        I really appreciate it friend,

2. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 8 years ago

Hi aminebombom,

It's looking better. I think you're doing a great job. It's a lot more readable.  But the punctuation needs a lot of work still. English is one of those languages where punctuation changes the meaning of things a lot. If you don't get it right, it's confusing to read. HubPages has gotten really strict about that.

The first thing I recommended was that you improve your English skills.  Until you get to the point where you are fluent writing English, I think you'll have a hard time getting it featured. Do you have more advanced English writing classes you can take? Online learning classes? Critique groups?

I think you can do it.  I admire people who have learned to speak English as a second language. That's hard enough, but learning another language to the point of written fluency takes a LOT of dedication. If you keep honing your skills, you can do it. But I don't think there's a fast way to speed it up. At least, I've never heard of one.  smile

Fiction Teller thanks a lot for your wonderful tips, I will try as much to improve my English writing,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)