jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Google Panda (Very) Gradually Rolling Out!

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 15 months ago

Looks like the Panda has arrived.  But it's moving at a glacial speed.  So far, so good.

"On Friday, Google confirmed that it had finally begun rolling out a Panda refresh the prior weekend. The refresh will take “a few months” to complete, according to the company."  Read more...

"1/3 search views is now to an edited Hub. Pretty cool. We are seeing very nice growth in how happy readers are with Hubs:)"  Paul Edmondson

"If you're curious about this panda update, site wide google traffic is up about 6%." Paul Edmondson

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 15 months ago in reply to this

That really is the best news.  I have noticed a rise in traffic over the past few days, looking good!

2. isaacasante profile image91
    isaacasanteposted 15 months ago

Really? Looks like I have to be patient then... At the moment, no change in my traffic really... Maybe it's because I don't have that much hubs. But still, the hubs getting passive traffic for over a year have not undergone any special spike or anything.

3. maalarue profile image91
    maalarueposted 14 months ago

So far not seeing any improvements in Google search. To the contrary. The search results are very bad quality. I did a search for keywords I track for my site and I am nowhere to be found. I was on the first page. Now the results show 3 links for the same site in position 1 thru 3, and 2 links to the same site for position 4-5. Basically, the top 5 positions are taken by 2 sites.

That is not what I a call a quality search result. I can see where people might be switching over to Yahoo or Bing for better search results if they don't correct this. That is very disappointing.

Also...when did Google stop showing pics beside websites in the search results?

4. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 14 months ago

Most of Google searches on the first page seem to go to one ones who pay the most for that privilege.
    I also see old outdated information and lots of spun material.I agree that G is not filtering out the junk.

1. Sabre1000 profile image83
      Sabre1000posted 14 months ago in reply to this

Yeah, like always its a bunch of crap.
      Google can pretend to not be evil all it wants.

5. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 14 months ago

Huh??  My pageviews is at its lowest today!!   What a let down!  Got used to this already.  Sorry, not much hope from me.

6. thumbi7 profile image81
    thumbi7posted 14 months ago

Not much of a change here
    Let us wait and watch