jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Could someone give me feedback on my hub please.

1. MichalWrotter profile image60
    MichalWrotterposted 14 months ago

I have recently written hub http://michalwrotter.hubpages.com/hub/P … n-of-2015. Could anyone from experienced hubbers give me a feedback about it please? It does not met the quality and I would like to know why.

My personal opinion is: Must be the grammar issue or a picture layout.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I can't see the hub since it is not published.  You should read the message HubPages sent you very carefully, since it does give more information.

So I am going to guess at what it could be.
      1.  Looking at the title, it doesn't seem like an article that would sell anything.  Do you have any Amazon capsules or Ebay capsules? You want to make sure that whatever you sell is directly related to the topic of the article.
      2. Is it a travel article? Are you writing to help others know why Prague is a good place to visit?  You want to make sure that it doesn't read like a blog. Not," I went to Prague and found it wonderful."  It should be focused on reader. "This is why you will like Prague."
      3. How long is it?  It should be long enough to cover the topic, and you have a very wide topic according to your title. You might want to make a more narrow title.
      4. If it is the grammar, like you suspect, then there are plenty of sites and software that can help you fix some grammar issues. They won't catch everything, but they do catch a lot.

MichalWrotterposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Hello, I am just constantly tweaking them. As I do not have featured 5 hubs yet, every edit of hub goes under quality check, that is why you cannot see it.

2. MichalWrotter profile image60

So I have in total 5 hubs now and 3 of them are un-featured. They are very long I did my best I could but Hard to know what to change to make them featured. Is rather exhausting

3. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 14 months ago in reply to this

Hello, The photos you used are beautiful. It would be a good idea to include your source to ensure these are yours or free to use without copyright infringement. The topic is quite interesting.

There are, as you suspected, some grammar issues which will count against you on the quality of the article. Here are a couple of examples that I hope will help you.

Its epic history made this city such interesting and worldwide know by tourist. (This sentence needs revision, perhaps change the ending to, is known worldwide by tourists.)

The castle isconnected to several buildings together. It was established aroundthe year 880. It is a place where the President of Czech Republic hasits office. (In each of these sentences, there are words that need to be separated into two words: isconnected, aroundthe, and hasits. Sometimes this happens when copying and pasting from a word document.)

You can even visit a State room- those are the rooms which the President of Czech republic use. (This seems to need two sentences, rather than the dash between both thoughts.)

Keep writing and you will find your writing gets easier with practice.
      All the best.

Thank you kindly for your great feedback. Michal

2. PaigSr profile image47
    PaigSrposted 14 months ago

Here is a link that I use to check the spelling and grammar on my sites.

In fact I have passed it on to one of my kids teachers as a tool to use.

3. Shrouds profile image79
    Shroudsposted 14 months ago

404 the page does not exist

1. SheilaMilne profile image90
      SheilaMilneposted 14 months ago in reply to this

There is a full stop (period) at the end of the link which needs to be deleted or the link won't work.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 14 months ago