jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

og not defined in blog post

1. CatherineGiordano profile image89
    CatherineGiordanoposted 23 months ago

I am trying to promote my hubs by writing a post about them in my blog. The wrong picture comes up when I put the link into a facebook post.

I used facebookdebugger tool after I changed the first image in the text of my blogspot blog. I want the "Debunking Jesus" pic to show. The debugger tool is still showing the wrong image. It says og.not defined. How do I define the og (whatever that is) Here is the link to the blog. http://newsprintpoetry.blogspot.com/201 … jesus.html

I really need to learn how to fix the HTML in blogspot so the first picture above the text will show instead of the pictures from the left side of the page.

Thanks so much for helping out.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Why do you feel that writing about your Hubs on your blog will help with promotion?   

If you get a lot of readers on your blog, who will then follow the link, then it is worth doing.   If you do not get a lot of readers on your blog, then it will not help very much, if at all - you would do better to look for other places where you can write an article and link to the Hub.

CatherineGiordanoposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Marisa: it is worth a try. Too soon to tell if it is working with respect to getting them to click the HP links. But it has helped my blog get more views.

2. DomsFitness profile image79
      DomsFitnessposted 23 months ago in reply to this

What's the image you're trying to use?

Doms: I'm trying to use the first picture above the text. I'm going to try removing the pictures on the side and see if that helps.

Facebook is letting me choose from between 3 pictures when I post to facebook and one of them is the one I want to use. But if I post the link into comments on facebook, the wrong picture comes up. I use the option given to "remove preview", but then I don't have a picture. A picture would be better.

3. DomsFitness profile image79
      DomsFitnessposted 23 months ago in reply to this
    4. paradigm search profile image60
      paradigm searchposted 23 months ago in reply to this

CatherineGiordano,

The problem is not you or Blogspot. FB pulls this and other crap on other websites as well and has been doing so for years, including our hubs on HubPages. Personally, I've given up on FB for more reasons than I can count.

If someone actually comes along and posts a solution to this problem, I'll give them a hug or a handshake depending. big_smile

paradigm: The bebugger tool works when I change the first picture on my hub. I did that on some of my hubs trying to make the picture look good both on HP thumbnails and facebook.
        https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

1. paradigm search profile image60
          paradigm searchposted 23 months ago in reply to this

https://www.nsf.gov/od/lpa/news/03/images/pandas42ppt.jpg

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

My remedy when FB  is acting up.  I have FB pages for 2 of my sites.  I put post on them first, the images always appear correctly, then I share to my timeline.

LInda: Not sure I understand. Can you explain more.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Catherine:  When I post link from an article that is on my sites, on Facebook, in my timeline, the photo does not show up at all or it shows a Square with F for facebook, etc.    Now, I post link on my FB page for my website and the image almost always appears correctly or I get an image box with arrow so I can select from others in same article.  After I do that I either hit the share button or simply add link to my timeline on FB and it appears correctly.

If you are having a problem posting from HP, do the debugger, copy what you see and send it to team@hubpages.com, because it is usually a coding issue between HP and FB every time.

Posting from blogger, for some reason, has become a PIA when you want your image to show for some reason if you are posting a  Blogger post, rather than a page from Blogger.    When I post a link to a blog post image is always wrong, and I can never get it right, but if i post link from a page on Blogger, then image shows correctly.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Good news Catherine:  I just posted your link on my FB tiimeline.  Image was WRONG!!!   BUT, look at the image box, when you post it, and there is a small arrow, which I clicked on, got correct image and then hit publish.  Now your post is on my FB timeline with the correct image.

Here is link to my facebook :  https://XXX.facebook.com/linsm76

replace xxx with www

It won't work correctly on Writers Door though.   I have the same problem there as well sometimes.

5. paradigm search profile image60
    paradigm searchposted 23 months ago

LindaSmith1,

Just an fyi that the website link on your profile doesn't work. smile

working