jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My first hub score 61 points. How bad is it? How can i improve it?

1. Greg Blancs profile image59
    Greg Blancsposted 15 months ago

Hi everyone i am practicing writing through HubPages. Would love to read your advice on my first Hub:
    http://gregblancs.hubpages.com/hub/Wher … e-Far-East

1. lisavanvorst profile image79
      lisavanvorstposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Just keeping writing. Also start reading other hubs and start following other hubbers and they too will follow you and comment on your hubs. The more views the better. Scores go up and down. I have been doing this for years and I think the highest score I got was 83. I also like to comment in question forums and also ask questions. This too can increase your score.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Generally speaking, hubs start with relatively low scores which often increase with time, especially if you write a good number of them.  Your score is not bad, but you will want to raise it up into the 70s or above by editing your grammar, adding effective and properly accredited photos, increasing wordage to around 1000 words or more and utilizing and titling capsules correctly.  The little box in the upper right corner of your edit page is a guide that will help you to do this.  The more "checks" you get, the more likely it is that your hub score will rise.

Having said all of this,you should know that hub score has nothing to do with the success of any article you write.  It is simply a scoring system that helps you to know your standing.

2. badr techn profile image39
    badr technposted 15 months ago

i also write my first hub and i got 64 i don't know what that means

3. loche profile image76
    locheposted 15 months ago

I am also languishing in the 60's woth my first hub.

4. hrymel profile image88
    hrymelposted 14 months ago

My hubs range in scores from low 60s to mid 80s. It just takes a little while for you to figure out exactly what Hubpages is looking for.

My higher score hubs always meet or exceed the 3 pics, 2 other capsules, and 1250+ word goals that they suggest. So I would suggest starting there.

It's also amazing how much a hub's score can increase just by breaking it up into more text capsules with appropriate headings, and adding a couple hundred words.