jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Previously Published Work

1. tjlajoie profile image84
    tjlajoieposted 17 months ago

I have a question fellow Hubbers...I'm new at this and created a Hub that was published in a newspaper blog about a year ago, since it is an original work that was well-received.  I was not aware of the HubPages policy and they have "unpublished" it.  I understand this and am in the process of editing it so it passes HubPages muster.  However, it shows it is still getting views.  Can someone explain this to me?  Thanks!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Your own visits during the editing process are counted as "views".

1. tjlajoie profile image84
        tjlajoieposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for responding!  I thought that, too, at first...but the hub is showing 12 visits in the last "1 day" but I haven't been in it for at least 2.  Even though it is "unpublished," is it visible to people who visit my profile? Or is it something else?

1. ArtDiva profile image83
          ArtDivaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

After posting my "thank you," with the above answer, it occurred to me the same having noted once before a lot of views with only e few times editing. If unpublished, how is it even visible at any level?

2. ArtDiva profile image83
    ArtDivaposted 17 months ago

Thank you, also. I wondered about this myself, but never read an explanation.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
      Jean Bakulaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

If you have any other articles on sites, make sure you delete them before you re post them on HP. When money was better for online writing, many of us moved things we wrote to other sites, and took things we wrote from other sites and put them here. The timing is important, wait a few days to post after you take an article down to put it elsewhere.

working