jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

New Hubber

1. 0
    HubaHubaposted 7 years ago

Hello all!  I've written my first hub at <snipped- users can find your hub through your profile>
    When signing up with Amazon a notice popped up stating Amazon will no longer participate in this program.  Is this true or did I do something wrong signing up.  I did get an confirmation email about 2-3 day review.  Hope I'm wrong, hope you will read my Hub.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I honestly couldn't answer that one but I am certain someone in hubpageland will be able too!!! I know about youtube but not about Amazon. smile

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

Did some looking around...here's a link to an article you pertaining to what you've mentioned:

http://forums.prosperotechnologies.com/ … p;ctx=8192

And here's a look at their Paid Traffic Search FAQ: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … paidsearch

I hope this is not the case. My account is still active. It'd be a blow to HubPages.

Basically, what I think its trying to say is... if someone finds your Hub through Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. then it won't pay out if someone then buys something from your Hub and Amazon links.

I could be wrong though.

Welcome to HubPages! smile

1. 0
      Whikatposted 7 years ago in reply to this

G.M No offense, but I sure hope you are wrong, because I have gotten the impression that the search engine traffic is pretty much the only way to make money. I thought it just applies to paid searches meaning that if you were going to place an ad on the search engines directing people to their site or your site.

I would be interested in finding out more on this subject also.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

relache supposes I am. I just wanted to raise the issue, because thats what it sounded like to me. I'm not that smart, I'm just good at finding info.

Sometimes I need others, like relache, to put the right spin on it.

And I never take offense. That would make me want to go on the defense. And then, I'd be more of an ass than I already am. wink

1. 0
          Whikatposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who said your an ass? I never said your an ass. You seem pretty nice and helpful to me. Sure glad that you never take offense, you are much better of a person than I am. I have been guilty for taking offense once or twice in my life. :-)

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The recent change in the Amazon program do not have any effect on using it in conjunction with a HubPages account.

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

This is the most important part of the Amazon paid traffic FAQ.  Consider your Hubpages to fall under the second paragraph.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure this just applies to paid search. If it did apply to hubpages, don't you think that we would have gotten a lot of input from hubpage officials?

6. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

Thanks for the input, you two.

I figured the same thing...HubPages would have announced something, maybe notified us. However its not crazy to think that would not have been the case, either. It just probably isn't.

7. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

There were a couple of threads going on about this on the day that the email was sent.

As relache and gamergirl said

The changes relate to paid searches, your referrals will be coming from hubpages - not a search engine, you are completely unaffected as a hubpages publisher

may this thread die

8. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

And lord, may this thread be received in the after life with all your loving grace....