jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Katherine Dunham article.

1. Robsthe1 profile image86
    Robsthe1posted 20 months ago

One of my better articles seems to be unplublished now. Why is that, and how do I get it republished?

http://robsthe1.hubpages.com/hub/Rememb … ine-Dunham

Thank you.

Robsthe1

2. flycatcherrr profile image87
    flycatcherrrposted 20 months ago

Does your dashboard say it was unfeatured for lack of traffic or for lack of quality?

If the latter, you might want to start by checking whether all the images on your hub are (a) licensed for commercial use and/or (b) properly attributed to the source, per the image use guidelines in the Learning Center?  There may also be an issue with pixelated (low quality) images in one or two places... When you go in to the Edit mode for the hub, do you see a notice box in the upper right that gives any clues to how the hub might be improved?

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 20 months ago

It is published but not featured. I would suggest starting by either reducing the size of the lead picture or finding a higher resolution version of it. It is pixelated.

4. Robsthe1 profile image86
    Robsthe1posted 20 months ago

Thanks all, but the article was a featured article for months now, would those suggestions make a difference at this point?

5. flycatcherrr profile image87
    flycatcherrrposted 20 months ago

Your hub says it was last updated October 2014.  Much has changed online in general and in Hubpages standards in particular, since that time.  Perhaps the most effective use of time would be to review the Learning Center if you haven't done so in a while - "Elements of a Stellar Hub" http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub might be a good place to start, to bring you up to speed quickly.

Robsthe1posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thanks flycatcher!
      Yeah, I actually just changed out the cover photo for the article and that's the update you see for today's date.

Best,
      Robert

1. flycatcherrr profile image87
        flycatcherrrposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Good luck, Robert! smile

Robsthe1posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thank you!

Best,

Robert

working