jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Adding You Tube video in hubs

1. MM Del Rosario profile image81
    MM Del Rosarioposted 8 years ago

just want to ask other hubbers who have added YouTube videos in their hubs.
    - do you just get the link and  add or do you get permission from the owner first.

what about copyright?

i found some videos that might enhance my hubs but not sure of copyright issues.

2. barranca profile image79
    barrancaposted 8 years ago

I just get the link and put it in.  Some u tube posters allow such imbedding an others don't.  Occasionally the permission status is changed, so you have to check your own hub once in a while to make sure the link is still working.  I don't think there is any worry about copyrights.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

What barranca said.

Check on the Youtube page, usually underneath the video it will say "This user has disabled embedding". Or words to that effect.

If there's a box with code in it and it says "embed code" then you can use it. Though of course all you need to do is grab the URL and paste it into your Video Capsule and HubPages does the rest.

If per chance say someone uploads a snippet from a movie or a television show and you use it, and the copyright holder doesn't agree with it being "broadcast" (though some don't mind because they're being advertised for free) logic dictates that they will file a DCMA with Youtube to have the material taken down. They shouldn't pursue you. They go for the source. Because once that's removed then it won't show up on your hub, or someone elses lens or my blog.

It's a gray area, but so long as it's being hosted somewhere else HubPages won't be held accountable for it.

4. MM Del Rosario profile image81
    MM Del Rosarioposted 8 years ago

hi barranca and darkside

thank you very much for your response .  will be checking more videos on You Tube ...