I'd like feedback on my Hub: August 9th is Book Lovers Day

1. James M Becher profile image58
    James M Becherposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub August 9th is Book Lovers Day. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Fiction Teller profile image59
      Fiction Tellerposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Hi James,

Have you looked over the HubPages help pages linked to in their email to you yet?

We in the forums can only guess what the problem is - we're fellow Hubbers like you rather than HubPages staff. But that said, here's my best guess to start you off.

You'll need:

1) a much higher ratio of original text to quotations
      2) a clear demonstration of your rights to the photos you're using
      3) an article that is directly about the title

Regarding #3, your title is about a holiday, so the article has to be primarily about the holiday, not just the topic behind the holiday. If you want the article to be about reading, itself, then you should rework the title to reflect that. As it is, it leads readers to think you'll focus on what people have done on Book Lovers Day or the background and history of it.

Good luck!

2. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I would reformat the article to HP standards. You mention Squidoo in the beginning of the article. Remove that entirely. Also, the comments section in the middle of the article is confusing. I thought it was a subheading, then realized it's a place to leave comments.

I'm unfamiliar with Squidoo, but apparently you've brought the article over from there without doing any editing to fit HP format. The Squidoo format is fragmented, which is distracting.