jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How To Create The Life Of Your Dreams Through Consc

1. Mountains of Joy profile image82
    Mountains of Joyposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I am told I have "spammy elements" in my hub. Could someone please tell me specifically what is spammy in my hub?
    Hub How To Create The Life Of Your Dreams Through Conscious Thought (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 14 months ago in reply to this

You are linking to books but not saying what you got from reading them or how they relate to your text.  Thus it is possible you haven't read them--which would be deemed a "spammy" recommendation.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
        DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I post books relevant to my content all the time.  I go by the titles, and the reviews/synopses on Amazon for my choices.
        Sadly, I cannot afford to purchase all the books I would like to read, and our library doesn't have most of the books that I would reference in my hubs.
        The key words here, are "relevant to the article.  I've never gotten a "spammy"warning on any hub.

2. ComfortsOfHome profile image83
      ComfortsOfHomeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I see two issues that pop out as possible 'spammy elements' in HP terms, just based on some of the TOS/NFQ  issues that others have run into from time to time... for what it's worth:

One, as has been mentioned, is the inclusion of several Amazon modules to sell books that (a) seem to be only peripherally related to your hub topic and (b) include no description or personal recommendation for the book, just the bare modules. 

The second 'question mark' is around the 'Crowing Glory Imagery' single source of all the non-product photographs, as well as the 'Nature Photos' link to that business's website at the bottom of the hub, and the 'Source' link for the final photograph that leads to a page with the image clearly marked as copyright-protected image for sale.  Is this a case where permission to use the images on your hub has been obtained but, perhaps, not made fully clear to readers and HP turks?  Or is the secondary purpose of the hub to promote the business that's selling the fine art photography/stock images? Either way, maybe a good idea to check with HP team about how that might be clarified or else made to jive with the TOS, whichever is appropriate?

Hope this helps!

2. Kristen Howe profile image83
    Kristen Howeposted 14 months ago

Mountains of Joy, I've been getting the same thing for the NFQ symbol. Check your ad capsules and see if you have too many-if so, try to keep it to 3 if possible. Those ads have to be related to your hub on dreams. Hope it helps.