jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

My HubPro Commissioned Artwork - Love It or Hate It?

1. Solaras profile image90
    Solarasposted 18 months ago

Initially on my Greek names for male dogs hub, I had images from Greek artwork to illustrate the myths that were similar to the first image on the hub.  My HubPro editor commissioned some drawings of dogs acting out the Greek myths in order to unify the Hub. At first I was shocked by the drawings. Then I started to be amused and even laughed at some of them.  I think they are growing on me... and I am glad they used a border collie in one of them lol.  What do you think about these cartoons? Do they look cheesy or cute?

Since she made the changes in the subtitles, views have been up about 40%.  Right now with school starting up, everything is off for me, so it maybe another month before I can see what kind the complete results these changes have made in my views.

1. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I think the illustrations are cute. After seeing some of the earlier illustrations they put on HubPro hubs, I was almost afraid to look but these are surprisingly well done.

2. flycatcherrr profile image87
      flycatcherrrposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Like Kylyssa, I was almost afraid to look (based on some very lame commissioned artwork on other folks' hubs) but in this case the concept is great and the illustrations well executed.  And these would be very 'pinnable' I should think, especially on dog-breed-specific Pinterest boards.  I'm especially taken with the Spartan hound, myself... smile

Solarasposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I really liked the Spartan hound as well!

1. flycatcherrr profile image87
          flycatcherrrposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Yeh, I'd buy the T-shirt. wink

3. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 18 months ago in reply to this

I think the illustrations are very cool.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 18 months ago

I actually like the drawings. Quite well done.

Solarasposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I think they get better as you scroll down.  The 3 headed hound was cute too!

3. God shet profile image61
    God shetposted 18 months ago

quite good.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 18 months ago

I like them a lot!

working