jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How many product reviews for your own blogs?

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 20 months ago

For those who have their own sites, and have product reviews on the sites, how many pages of product reviews do you have? Is there a certain number of them that is ideal, or not?

2. LPerry60 profile image81
    LPerry60posted 20 months ago

I set up my sites so that the navigation pages across the top each contain a listing of a certain category in my product range. I use the posts for articles about the topic to get traffic.

I try to list/ review at least 5 products to a page; maybe 300 words each. When I tried reviewing a single product in every post, my visitors seemed to get overwhelmed with the choices and my sales went down.

I know that method works for some if the categories are well organized. Are you doing Amazon Affiliate?

Surprisingly, I get more sales-click throughs from one particular page that only has a general link :  See the full listing of best-selling  insert-product-category here.

NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

I'm using Amazon and Share a Sale.

I was wondering about covering multiple products in a single post, which is what I tend to do, wasn't sure if it was a good idea or if I should focus on a single product. It's reassuring that you've had success with multiple products in a single post.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 20 months ago in reply to this

What I do is have individual product reviews and also have a page with the top products in each particular category. That seems to do well. If you're just beginning something go with multiple on a single page.

Logical and smart, thanks for the info.

2. ChristinS profile image94
        ChristinSposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I think it depends on the topic, but I've used both methods.  Mostly I list a few well reviewed items on a page.  On one blog I did a post on how to enhance a craft fair booth to make it more appealing like a small retail space.  In that hub I linked to several options for doing this based on what a vendor might be selling etc.  That worked well. 

Another post I was writing specifically about an earring display I had used with success, so I linked only to the specific item the post was about instead of different variants.

I think too much on a page can get to looking "spammy" or overwhelm the reader so I tend to limit to the most 5 items a post.  I can always do another similar post with more items... It works ok for me so far, so I'll keep doing it this way I think.

Thanks, Christin, that makes sense.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 20 months ago

More than half the posts on my belly dance and ballet blogs are product reviews.

Good to know. I could definitely write some more product reviews then.

working