jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)

Text Size in Text Capsule

1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Today when I go to add or edit text to a text capsule, it is sooo small. I didn't change any setting - that I know of. Is there a way to make it bigger.

The text looks fine after it is saved. But it's hard to work on text that's so small.

Thank you, Nelle

1. DarleneMarie profile image60
      DarleneMarieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree that it is difficult to read and almost impossible to work with the text so small.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Check your browser settings to make sure they aren't set too small.  And then check any formatting that you are appling using the text capsule.

If you are copying and pasting from some other program where you are writing the content, check what size you are using there too.

3. profile image0

Relache, Thank you for your suggestions. I don't think that I'm doing any of those things. When I went to bed the text size was fine, when I woke up it wasn't.

I don't cut and paste, just type directly into the text capsule. And when I check the html code, there's nothing strange lurking there.

Oh well, maybe it will work itself out!

Nelle

4. shibashake profile image80
    shibashakeposted 8 years ago

I am having the same problem. It started last night and continues today. Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5. Tom Rubenoff profile image90
    Tom Rubenoffposted 8 years ago

I, too, am experiencing the small font phenomenon.  For me it started late last night.

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

What browser and version are you all using?  We've tried to duplicate the problem in the browsers that we have without success.

1. shibashake profile image80
      shibashakeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.11
      Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600, Service Pack 3

It started right after I reformatted some text to Heading 2.

7. shibashake profile image80

Changing the text to a numbered list gets it back to the original size, but it goes back to the small text once I remove the ordered list setting.

I also tried adding the ordered list setting in the regular editor, and then removed it in the HTML editor. That did not have any effect.

Let me know if you want me to test anything out.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that extra information helps.  We should be able to get to the bottom of this by tomorrow.

8. profile image0

Hi Paul,

I'm using Internet Explorer 7 and Windows XP. Thanks for letting us know that you're working on it.

Nelle

9. profile image0

The problem is fixed for me now. I can take off my reading glasses. Thanks for the quick response.

Nelle

1. DarleneMarie profile image60
      DarleneMarieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am still having the problem.  I use XP and FireFox.  This happend all of a sudden a coupole of days ago.  Is this something that I can do myself to correct the problem?

Thanks in advance!

10. DarleneMarie profile image60
    DarleneMarieposted 8 years ago

Fixed for me...props to Paul! Frustration over!

11. shibashake profile image80

The regular text is now fixed, but the text for ordered lists is now gigantic. Also, the comment text has gotten larger, which is not a bad thing, but it would be great if the comment box were a little bit bigger.

All not big issues for me, but I thought I would mention it.

12. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

We actually did not change anything until a few minutes ago, so it's strange that it fixed itself.   I think Internet Explorer must be doing something strange with the way it caches stuff. 

Anyway, we did make a change recently.  So, please let me know if you have any more problems.

1. rancidTaste profile image54
      rancidTasteposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Pauldeeds, I'm using Firefox 3.0.8... Still I've the same problem. The text are still very tiny...Very hard to type, read or edit...

13. profile image0

Thank you for your honesty Paul and for keeping us updated on your efforts.

Could these changes that you've been working on be causing Hubpages to work so slowly? I hope so. So things will start to speed up now.

14. rancidTaste profile image54
    rancidTasteposted 8 years ago

All the problems, related to text is solved now (for my case). And I published one hub few minutes ago by direct writing to the text capsule.

Thanks hubpages team.

working