Proposal: Have a "Cancel Changes" button when editing a hub

1. WeddingConsultant profile image83
    WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago

Whenever I need to get back into a hub to copy-paste some code (for example), I'll click on "edit". Then I'll copy and paste the code from the 1st hub into the 2nd hub and be happy.

Unfortunately, when I want to leave the 1st hub, there isn't a "cancel changes" or "cancel" button when in edit mode. I have to either click "done editing" (which saves all changes), or I have to click the "x" to leave the page. Well when I do that I get a warning (and it's an appropriate warning, I understand that) which tells me that I'll lose all changes if I navigate away from the page.

As I see it, the cancel button would do two things:
    1st- it would get rid of that warning pop-up box
    2nd- it would allow us to leave the edit-in-process hub without saving changes. This is important because if I'm grabbing code to copy-paste to another hub, I don't want to save my changes in case I accidentally edited my hub elsewhere.

Does this make sense?

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

When I try to go away from the edit page without saving or publishing, I  get a box that says just what you want. But, at the same time, it has already saved any changes that you've saved in the individual capsules.

I'm not sure why you would make the changes then not save them. Small changes can manually be un-edited, but why would you make large changes that you don't want that would in turn require this feature?

There is a discard changes button on each capsule.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image83
      WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You see, that's where I'm thrown off. It gets confusing when capsule saves get saved to the actual hub, even when you click off without clicking on "done editing" when finished.

When I go into some of my longer hubs and tweak things/copy-paste/edit, I sometimes change my mind and don't want to save everything. Well if I already clicked on "save" vs. "discard changes" on each capsule, then it gets saved regardless of whether or not I exit the hub via closing it, or click on the "done editing" button.

I'm proposing the addition of a button that says "cancel all changes" or something similar that will cancel all capsule saves for people like me who might change their minds after doing a few tweaks (and often forgetting where those tweaks were done like in the more complicated/longer hubs). Does that make sense?