jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Hubscore

1. Siva222 profile image74
    Siva222posted 22 months ago

I think I know the answers I will get from my fellow hubbers on this topic. But what is funny is that two days of no activity from me in Hubpages has dragged my Hubscore from 79 to 74. How fair is that?  I cannot go on contributing every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of  ever month of every year in some way or the other just to keep my score intact. Can I? I might not be able to visit Hubpages for a couple of days. That should not be the reason for my score going down. Or are there other reasons to it to? Am I missing anything here?

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Don't worry about that too much Siva. Hub scores continue to go up and down whether you are always active or not. Mine go down two points one day and are back up the next even when I am here every day. I have heard of others not writing a hub in months and come back to find their score has gone up so it is hard to comprehend.

Siva222posted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thanks John. . That reminds me of the old army saying " Ours is not to reason why ours is just to do and continue doing ( i changed the last part for my convenience.

2. Tiffanyapril profile image60
      Tiffanyaprilposted 22 months ago in reply to this

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
      ― Dalai Lama XIV

Like the others said. Keep your chin up. I have been gone for awhile. I just came back. Things happen in life. You have to take care of you and your family first. Life is too short.

Blessings,
      Tiffany April

1. Kylyssa profile image95
        Kylyssaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

That's a brilliant quote.

2. Siva222 profile image74

Wonderful Quote Tiffany. Thanks

2. word55 profile image78
    word55posted 22 months ago

You are learning the ropes. The scores happen like that. They go up and down whether you contribute or not like Jodah said. Just don't pay much attention to hub scores.

Yes Al.. I am still a student ( 3 months old to be precise) in Hubpages. Wil be learning a lot as time goes. But it will be fun as I have so many great friends who can help me.

3. word55 profile image78
    word55posted 22 months ago

Funny, right after I commented here on your forum, my score dipped 1 point. It just happened after 2 mins. ago.

Hahahaha. That's funny

4. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 22 months ago

I suggest you not worry about it. These changes do not reflect on the quality of your work. Your writing is still just as good as it was a few days ago.

Sometimes my average hub score goes up and my hubber score goes down at the same time!

Individual hub scores also have little meaning. My highest hub score is on a hub called "What Is Floral Tape?" It's not a bad hub and it answers the question but it's certainly not my best hub.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

5. Vic Dillinger profile image60
    Vic Dillingerposted 22 months ago

Yeah, that's kind of one of few things to worry about around here from what I've read in other postings. Don't sweat it.

I promise.. I won't smile

6. chateaudumer profile image84
    chateaudumerposted 22 months ago

J have not written s new hub for the last 8 months but my score changes almost daily from 78 to 82, Do not worry about hub score or your hubber score. It does not reflect your writing ability etc,, except just your ego....

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

HI Siva222,
      Nobody really knows the "secret equation" which our hubber score comes from, and it also changes, so we're in the dark about it. It is somewhat an average of the scores of your individual hubs, so if you publish a new hub, it will lower your score temporarily because it has to come up in score as people read it.

Some of it is based on how much you interact with the community, but I also sometimes don't for weeks, and the score stays about the same. Don't worry about it, many have asked to have it abolished, since it's so arbitrary. Talk soon.

Hi Jean,
        Thanks.If only they could make things simpler in Hubpages at least. We already have enough mysteries in life which we are not able to solve. But as you and all my friends told me, I stopped worrying about my hubscore anymore

2. Siva222 profile image74

Yes you are right  chateaudumer, it gives you a jolt when yo open your page and see for no rhyme or reasons your score going down. Makes you stop and think for a while as to what went wrong *(especially if you are newbie like me)

7. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 22 months ago

I think you are referring to Hubber score, which is your overall score. It's not unusual for Hubber score to go down a few points and then come back up. Overall Hubscores have a lot to do with Hubber score too, not so much activity on the site. Also, some activity brings the score down; like following a lot of people all at once; I don't think you're doing that, but I've seen people do it, not knowing it's adversely affecting their Hubber score.

Mostly, it is more important to focus on the quality of Hubs and their traffic.

8. Chriswillman90 profile image94
    Chriswillman90posted 22 months ago

I don't get how these scores work either but they don't necessary correlate with traffic and the quality of your writing (or I'm probably wrong). The best thing is to keep going and not worry so much and it'll all work out in the end.

working