Top Traffic Sources - a query

1. makingamark profile image76
    makingamarkposted 14 months ago

I understand that if I'm getting traffic for a hub via my other hubs then the source of traffic will show up as

How does it show up if it's coming from my hub being highlighted elsewhere on HubPages - for example, maybe on another hub or in a list of hubs in a category?

The reason for asking is having looked at Top Traffic Sources of a few of my hubs, my traffic seems to come either wholly from search engines or from my blog or from other hubs I've created.

I can't see any traffic in the hub stats from HubPages and wondered why this is.

Anybody know why this is?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Traffic from other hubs and category pages will show up as '' or '' on the traffic sources, where blahblah is somebody else's username. 

I used to get a nice amount of traffic from two other users when my hubs showed up at the bottom of their high traffic hubs; readers of those hubs would click to land on my hubs.  Then those two users lost traffic and that source dried up for me.

If you're not getting traffic from these sources, there is not much you can do about it as far as I can tell.  Perhaps when your hubs show up as 'related hubs' listings on other people's hubs, readers simply aren't interested in clicking to check out yours.  Or, your hubs are listed on hubs that just aren't getting much traffic.

1. makingamark profile image76
        makingamarkposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Many thanks for the reply - I just wanted to know whether other Hubpages were reported as a source of traffic if they were. Now I know!

The bottom line for me is that if I'm bringing in a lot of Google traffic to HubPages but not getting any benefit from being on the HubPages site (re internal traffic) then I have to question the value of leaving the content on HubPages.

Others might like to take a look at their source of their traffic.......