jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Sorry, you cannot make changes to this Hub while an editor is working

1. GlendaGoodWitch profile image89
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 22 months ago

I went to make a few changes to my hub,( Donald Trump's Early Life and Wives: Ivana, Marla, & Melania)
    and ended up on a white page that read, Sorry, you cannot make changes to this hub while an editor is working on it.   It has said this all day long. I am a little concerned because I was just starting to get a lot of traffic to that hub, and as of today there is a significant drop in traffic. I wonder if this editor will hurt my hub somehow.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Your Hub is in the process of being edited in HubPro.  We have sent you a few emails, but if you haven't received them, please email me (robin.edmondson@hubpages.com) so that I can make sure we have your correct email address.  We'd love to collaborate with you on your Hub; it has really spiked in traffic lately!  Congrats and well done!!

1. GlendaGoodWitch profile image89
        GlendaGoodWitchposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I replied to the email using my new email, however, I still use my "Hubpages" one. It was hacked about one month ago and I decided to leave it alone for a while. Thanks Robin.
        Glendagoodwich

2. galleryofgrace profile image84
      galleryofgraceposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The main problem is that they only edit hubs that are getting good traffic! Which is totally stupid!  HP is sabotaging themselves at our expense.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 22 months ago

How come people are still being involuntarily strong-armed into this program?  That's incredibly sad that a site would so willingly not care about how their users feel.

1. WryLilt profile image84
      WryLiltposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Confused what you mean by strong armed? I know that not all editors edit in the same way (one of my hub edits I was extremely impressed with, on another account it was better but not what I was 100% expecting) but there are multiple options to optout along the way?

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago

As opposed to a single way to opt in, which would avoid these threads we keep seeing where people did not know they were opted in to this program.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Exactly.

No user should have ever had this program sprung or forced on them, and for it to keep happening is a travesty.

working