jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)

Does Everyone selects Best Answer

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 24 months ago

Do you think every Questioner selects Best Answer?

2. Dana Tate profile image91
    Dana Tateposted 24 months ago

Most hubbers do, but not all of them.

m abdullah javedposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. Is there any statistics about it?

1. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 24 months ago in reply to this

No, there are no stats about this, as it's such a minor gamefication feature, it doesn't generate meaningful data.

Thanks relache,  it might be true, but you see that feature is one of the most inspiring one.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 24 months ago in reply to this

In what way is it inspiring?

The Q&A section of HubPages can be a good place to get ideas, but it is a very small part of HubPages, and it contributes little or nothing to your earnings.  Relache works online for a living, so it is not worth her time to use the Q&A section.

Answering a question will always be a satisfaction as it says you have quenched someone's thrust, upon selecting your answer from many is surely inspires.

3. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 24 months ago

If I ask a question, I always make sure that I will select a Best Answer among the replies that I get and I will give credit to the person who have given me the best or the nearest answer to my question.

That's excellent liesl. Thanks for the response.

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 24 months ago

I try to choose a beat answer,provided I receive enough responses. Sometimes the responses are not good answers.

1. Quilligrapher profile image91
      Quilligrapherposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Well, you can't beat a beat answer!

Thanks for the response Quilligrapher.

2. Stacie L profile image87
        Stacie Lposted 24 months ago in reply to this

ok my typing is off,or my eyes are...big_smile

1. Sed-me profile image83
          Sed-meposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Maybe your thrust is off.

2. m abdullah javed profile image79

StacieL you are doing a good job here. Thanks.

5. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 24 months ago

Perfect timing for your question. I usually do pick a best answer, but I suddenly had an interesting experience with my latest Q&A question that I posted two weeks ago.

I received 18 responses as of today and they are all good. Not just good, but I consider all of them to be the best! So instead of selecting just one, I'm planning on writing a hub about it based on all the meaningful information generated by my respondents.

That's wonderful Glenn Stock. Sometimes we too encounter with the same. Your idea of writing a hub based on the best answers is quite impressive. Thanks for the response.

6. ChristinS profile image92
    ChristinSposted 24 months ago

Sometimes I do and often I don't.  If I get a ton of great answers I don't pick because how do you choose just one? Other times, I forget to and sometimes there just aren't any answers or the ones given aren't necessarily good.

Fine ChristinS, do you think there should be some set parameters for selection in case if you a plenty to select from?

1. ChristinS profile image92
        ChristinSposted 24 months ago in reply to this

No, not really.  I participate in answers to participate, not for an ego boost of a best answer selection.  If I get a best answer selection that's great - if I don't, that's great too.  I just don't find it that important of an issue to be quite honest about it.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 24 months ago

I haven't picked a best answer for a lot of my questions.  Sometimes, as others have pointed out, there are several best answers.  Other times, some answers have to be combined to thoroughly answer the question.  And, there are times when really none of the answers really thoroughly cover the topic, and I am waiting for more input.

I also have questions that ask for opinions, and in that case, there is no best answer.

I do like to use the feature to get other people's opinions and it does help sometimes to get ideas of things to write about.  The feature itself does not earn a lot of money, so it is better to write hubs instead of spending too much time in the Q&A.

working