jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How do editors find "Editor's Choice" hub potentials?

1. StephanPoe profile image81
    StephanPoeposted 14 months ago

I am aware of the QA. But is it after X views. Do they read all hubs who pass the QA and vote on the best ones. Does a HP algorithm selects them automatically? I think they are manually selected but... Can anyone shine some light on this matter? Thank youuu

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Hi Stephan,

Hubs that score well with the QAP are then examined by our Editors to determine whether or not they should be designated EC. Sometimes our Editors also come across particularly good Hubs elsewhere on the site and they are able to designate those deserving Hubs EC. smile

StephanPoeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for this awnser, it was exactly what I wanted to know. smile
        So it works as I expected it would, it is a good system and gives Editors the freedom to recommend hubs they believe stand out from the rest.

2. erorantes profile image31
    erorantesposted 14 months ago

Hello mister stephanpoe. I read once that editors choice needs to be in English. It needs to be unique. It has to have good content. It needs to be over1200 words. You need to have perfect unique pictures. Perfect grammar is a requirement. In other words spelling and punctuation needs to be perfect. Hub pages selects the editors choice hub. You need to read the hub learning center. Good luck with your question.

StephanPoeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Hello miss erorantes. Thank you for your awnser but as I stated I am ware of the quality assessments. My question is a little bit more "internal" if you may. How do editors come to find the hubs they choose from.

3. paolaenergya profile image91
    paolaenergyaposted 14 months ago

I wonder whether there is also some kind of voting system taken into consideration based on the number of comments and ratings?