jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

1. bill komissaroff profile image89
    bill komissaroffposted 7 years ago

I think it would be helpful if Hubs were dated.  I am often reading a Hub and find myself wondering when it was written. Am I missing something.

Just a thought.

2. Herald Daily profile image83
    Herald Dailyposted 7 years ago

I've experienced that myself.  It would be easier to know which hub is the latest (as in the last one they wrote) when you're perusing a hubber's list, too.

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

If you go to the hubber's main page it will have a box that says hot, latest etc. Hope that helps!!However dates somehwere on the page is a good idea. But you can also tell how old they are by the comments noted on them.smile

1. 0
      blograngposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes it helps somewhat.

2. Herald Daily profile image83
      Herald Dailyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hadn't thought of using the comments as a date guideline.  Great idea, thanks for mentioning it.

4. sunstreeks profile image84
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

My feeling on dating hubs is the same as what I posted here. I still think its not a good idea.

Not having a date on hubs allows your content to always seem fresh even if the hub is months or even a few years old. Hubs are not blogs or newspaper articles. Hubs work best when the content is seen as evergreen. Information that can be useful for people for a long stretch of time. Although hubbers can write news type material for short term high traffic =P

The beauty of no date listed is that it allows a hub to have a longer lifespan. A hub becomes outdated when the information is no longer applicable not when a date says so. When it is no longer applicable, people stop reading it, and it falls into the search engine abyss..

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Those are great points. I am just getting used to the idea that hubs are webpages and not blogs. Thanks for reminding me. Nelle