I'd like feedback on my Hub: Bicycle Dog Trailers, Which One Is Best For Your Do

1. JoieG profile image81
    JoieGposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Bicycle Dog Trailers, Which One Is Best For Your Dog (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

I haven't been active on hubpages for quite a few years.  All of the hubs that I have were written in 2010, including the Bicycle Dog Trailer hub.  This was the only hub that was producing any income for me.  I was having a lot of success with the Amazon ads on that hub.

I recently decided that I wanted to start writing again, and I decided to begin by editing some of my old hubs.  Now hubpages will not republish the hub.

I'm incredibly discouraged.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 13 months ago

Welcome back.  Some of the rules have changed since you left, especially about sales hubs, so you have to be extra careful with those. You will want to read the blog post (look under Hubpages announcements in the forums) about it.  It has lots of examples about what is considered spammy and what is not.

The things I notice about the hub is that you have lots of good information, but it really doesn't help me much to make a decision about which one to buy.  Maybe you can provide a table that has the choices, weights, price, other features, etc.so it is easier to make a choice.

Also there are extraneous things like the basket and the helmet. I know hey are related, but they aren't directly related to the content of the hub, which is dog carriers.

Minor issues: first thing I see on the hub is an image attribution, but it looks like a title, Move it down underneath the picture.  It would be nicer to see a picture of your dog in your carrier so that you can prove to the reader that you have experience in the matter and didn't just look at the reviews.  Personally I would take out the first paragraph, since it is trying to encourage bike riding, and your reader who is looking for a carrier already likes bike riding.  Your second paragraph introduction talks about yourself, which is good, but it might be better to gear it towards the reader so the reader knows that you are there to help them.  It is tricky to show expertise and show you are there for them, but this intro seems kinda bloggy to me. I would probably also organize it a bit with bullets about features to look for, so that the reader has some kind of structure to put your pros and cons into.  Finally, as I tell everybody, including myself, proofread for grammar and clarity.

I hope this is helpful, and that you get lots of good sales from this hub.