jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Totally Appreciating Hubpages New Look

1. Billie Kelpin profile image89
    Billie Kelpinposted 24 months ago

Finally, I feel proud at the way my articles look with the more "modern" crisp clean look!  I might be late in the noticing, but I'm really liking it.  Thanks to the graphics/software people behind the scenes.  (If it's always been this way, just ignore me. I have a tendency to just notice lots of things that have always been there.) If the look is indeed, new.  YAY!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Billie!  We've been making a lot of improvements to the design—I'm glad you like them!  Here's the latest blog post on the Hub updatessmile

Billie Kelpinposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Robin,  I'm absoutely thrilled!  I read the blog post.  WOW!  I had lost interest in writing more articles here and subsequently posting them on FB because I was getting the impression that my friends and family weren't impressed.  (It might have been the articles smile smile  However, I feel much more enthused about writing on hubpages and letting the world know!  It now feels like hubpages is in the "now" loop.  THANK YOU ALL!

1. Robin profile image
          Robinposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Oh, please keep writing!  I've enjoyed reading a few of your articles—very moving.  I think you have a lot to offer the world through your writing and your friends and family should be very impressed to read your work.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  smile

:}  Thank you, Robin. Of course you've opened the door to my egotistical self to share that I was ecstatic to hear that a short story I wrote (outside of hubpages) was just accepted for publication in the Lost Coast Review, a literary magazine.  I could actually see hubpages having a separate Literary Division and publish submitted short stories and poems.  I know they are published here, but it would be nice to have the literary stuff separate from the factual articles. BUT of course, that requires a boatload of editors to decide on the articles.  It could be run as a contest where individuals pay to submit and then the winners receive compensation.  I can't tell you how much my credibility as a writer increased among my family and friends when I posted on FB the news of being published in a literary journal.  You would have thought it was my birthday with all the congratulations I received.  There's something psychological about having been selected for a literary magazine in the minds of people.  It's just a thought for the future, future of hubpages.  I think it would actually be a great revenue builder for a group like hubpages that is already set up with the interactive website, formatting, etc.  Again, just an idea.  Cheerio, and much appreciation for your comment!  Billie

2. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 24 months ago

Wow!  Congratulations.  That is a huge accomplishment and well deserved.  I think it's a good idea for HubPages, maybe when things settle down we can revisit it!  Thanks for the idea!

one last thing - I wouldn't call it "hubpages" literary or anything like that - something elegant smile smile smile

working