jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you want Your Readers to Vote on a Poll?

1. Buildreps profile image93
    Buildrepsposted 14 months ago

After some research on my own Hubs, it appears that the amount of votes on the polls in your Hub is influenced by a few factors:
    * The higher in the Hub, the more clicks it gets. The best position is on top, this position get about 45% more clicks.
    * The more choices you give the reader, the less easier they choose. Best is 2 to 3 choices, and make them simple (Yes/No/Don't know for example).
    * When readers think to know something about the subject as well, they tend to vote easier.
    * The more your subject has to do with emotions and believe, the more people want to express their opinion.
    * Last but not least. The shorter the Hub, the more readers are willing to vote. This trend is very clear.

Your followers (Hubbers) are often better readers. In the beginning, just after publishing, your Hub will get during a few days lots of attention. After that it's on its own.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I agree with your points. But, I think you can't place your poll capsule on top position always. A person needs to read the content and then only vote on the poll. So, at best, it may be placed in the center of article in most of the cases.

2. the rawspirit profile image89
    the rawspiritposted 14 months ago

I wish I could make a better reply. All I can say is once again you have helped all of us to become better hubbers. You go the extra mile, in sharing your knowledge.

1. Buildreps profile image93
      Buildrepsposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot Bobby. I hope it is somewhat useful. My intention was try to make my own poll capsule more effective. This is what came out.

3. Jonas Rodrigo profile image86
    Jonas Rodrigoposted 14 months ago

Poll votes can be an indicator of how engaging a hub is. So yes, I want my readers to vote on polls in my hubs, though I rarely even use one.