jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

One year ago....

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 14 months ago

On August 26 it will be one year since my hubs took a 90% hit.  It happened without warning or explanation, but when the ashes settled, I only had 10% of my former views. 

I went crazy trying to figure out what went wrong.
    I removed 47 articles so that I could create a niche site.
    I revamped every single article.
    I asked everybody for suggestions and took most of them.

As time passed, I realized what happened.  School started.  Summer vacations ended.  Nobody really needed to read very much of what I was writing about.

So, I waited.

Spring eventually came, and views slowly started climbing.

Tomorrow, the number of views I had left after cleaning out my site will have doubled!

I better enjoy my little victory, because school is starting again this week.

1. Au fait profile image94
      Au faitposted 14 months ago in reply to this

There has to be groups on FB and elsewhere who are very into camping and RV-ing.  I recommend that you advertise your exceptional informative articles on that subject to those people.

The above isn't my idea -- wish I could claim it.  I read about it in a hub by Lyoness913 and I think she has some ideas for getting traffic that might actually work.

http://lyoness913.hubpages.com/hub/Grea … of-Traffic

Hope this will help you Sandy.  Your articles are so useful and I know there are lots of people out there who would love to get their hands on them (or eyes if you prefer).  smile

TIMETRAVELER2posted 14 months ago in reply to this

Au Fait:  Thanks.  I will read it more thoroughly tomorrow, but after taking a peek, I think there are some great ideas there.  Within the next hour or so I should hit 300,000.  My goal was to make to that point before school started, and I'm happy to say it will now happen.

I truly appreciate all of the support you have given me in recent months. 

PS  I just looked again and 300,00 is already there...and counting!  Yaayyy

2. Niecey Doc profile image84
    Niecey Docposted 14 months ago

Ah, yes that makes sense. You have very seasonal type articles. Some great looking ones though!

Niecey Doc:  Thanks so much.  Shows you how naive I was...I never realized I was writing seasonals!

3. adevwriting profile image79
    adevwritingposted 14 months ago

You have a lot of hubs on RVs. Why don't you change "TIMETRAVELER2" into RVTRAVELLER? big_smile wink

That's a great suggestion, but we are not permitted to change our original IDs on this site.  When I started here I never planned on only writing in this niche, thus the current name.  Had I known I would have done as you suggested!