jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago

Two questions on this topic today:

1)  Someone please refresh my memory--what happens, link/search/SEO-wise when you radically change the title of a hub?

2) Why, sometimes when an edit is done, a hub re-enters the QAP process, and the little circle arrow icon so indicates, and other times, when a rather major revision has been made, that does not happen, and the featured icon simply remains as it was?

1. StephanPoe profile image82
      StephanPoeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I'm not 100% sure of what I'm about to say, someone more qualified will eventually anwser but my opinion is:

1)  search engine will eventually take notice of the change (probably in less than 24 hours) and adjust the page rank according to the keywords of the new title.

2) i think it depends in how much you have changed. If HP sees minor changes, no need to go through QAP again.

DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Yeah--this was a major revision, and the QAP icon did not appear.... weird.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 14 months ago

I don't know the answer to this MsLizzy, but I did recently get a notification that there wa a broken link in one of my hubs. After I deleted the link my hub went through QAP again and the spinning icon went on for two day (it was the weekend). then I got an email message saying congratulations my hub had a chance to be featured with a few minor improvements and changes. It had always been featured up until I deleted the broken link.

DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago in reply to this

That's funny, Jodah--
        It was also a broken link warning that triggered this revision of the entire hub--it was a fairly major one that did not end with mere removal of the broken link.

I revised the sequence of some capsules; added a video and a new photo as well as an Amazon capsule, and I even changed the title.

Yet, even with the broken link warning in place, it had never left featured status, nor did it after the revisions.  Just more fuel for the argument on another thread that auto-bots "aren't all that."

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 14 months ago in reply to this

The original URL will still show in the search bar, but I would not be too perturbed about this.  I regularly change the title of my hubs and also the summary.  These two areas are in my opinion the two most important areas to get right on a hub.   The title and the summary should contain important keywords within the subject.  You don't need fancy titles which people will never look for, keep it plain and simple.  I have experimented with this aspect of my writing and know that the keywords I use here also directly influence how many related hubs of my own writing appear my pages.  Writing in a niche subject definitely helps so if you want only your own writing to appear on your pages concentrate on that niche subject, especially one which others are not writing about.  Write a minimum of five well-written articles which use similar keywords and the chances are  that you won't be sharing any of these spaces with other writers on your pages.